[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Start A Magazine

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Start A Magazine
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:23 pm 
Snarf

I am looking for creative, talented, and motivated people to be involved in starting a magazine. A magazine that will focus globally instead of just locally, not another "Columbus Magazine".

I have been in the process of starting a magazine called Pepper Magazine, by myself, and while I have made progress in the ground stages, I am realistic about needing help and wanting input.

I need people who are not only willing but able to spend time pulling resources and assisting in the "start-up" of this business. Individuals that want to build something unique, expressive, and beautiful. This wouldn't take much time right now, but interest and dedication to pulling it off. As it is starting up, there is no financial incentive, but one that will offer other benefits and rewards as it grows.

I would love all sort of people with all types of backgrounds to be involved; PR and Marketing genius', Financial and Business guru's, Journalistic novice's, and Designer socialites.

If you are interested please e-mail me some information about yourself, and your general availability. Once I've heard from a few people I'll coordinate a time, date and place to meet about the magazine. Or, if you have any questions or need clarification (which I'm certain you will) please feel free to email peppermagazine@yahoo.com.

If you have a deep affection for any of the following, you should throw in your chips (time, energy, talent):
Fashion
Travel
Literature
Off-Beat Beauty
Music
Art (general)
Life-style, Life and Style, culture
Design (general)
Film
All of the above, and anything in between.

Other Magazines/Zines Blogs publications that inspire:
http://www.somamagazine.com/soma.php
http://www.lesscommon.com/
http://www.ilovefakemagazine.com/
http://www.nylonmag.com/
http://www.dogmatika.com/dm/
http://mocoloco.com/
http://inkylips.blogspot.com/
http://black-listedmagazine.blogspot.com/
http://shoptigertree.blogspot.com/
http://shopmilkbar.blogspot.com/

Last edited by L. con Leche on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Start A Magazine
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:27 pm 
Godzilla

As an industry professional, I am possibly interested. How much do you pay?

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:16 pm 
King Ghidorah

L.....don't reply to anyone that posts on this thread. For your own sanity's sake.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:36 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:48 am 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

Off beat beauty= toilet cams?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:09 am 
Jet Jaguar

I am looking for a job and I know a lot about the proper use of apostrophes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:44 am 
Snarf

Ok, No money. Not a business. No income to pay. Not a Job Offer (especially if you can't read).
This is something similar to joining a band, or starting a collective or club. A group of people who pull their talents, etc. and work together to show what they're made of.

And it would be an online mag until the opportunity to print becomes available.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:46 am 
Snarf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:35 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:59 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:08 pm 
Godzilla

yeah, you want a 'zine. An actual magazine costs money to make (just ask the publishing industry...), and any talent you get would likely prefer to be paid for their work.

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:53 am 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

I'm an intern genius. My boss would send me on coffee runs all the time and I had friends that worked at Starbucks that would just give me the coffee and I saved the Buckeye Zone $2500, at least. Bro, you need me as an intern.

Some of my other qualifications are
I only use gateway drugs not the hard shit.
I'm a great liar.
I live close.
I'm never late unless the Cota is late and in that case, it's not my fault.
I have an unquenchable thirst for whiskey and knowledge.
I'm presentable.
I am a good microwave cook.
I can fix about anything; copiers, fax machines, dogs, select models of cars.

Yo- holymed. has a point. I can't afford magazines. I straight up rip the good articles out of them at Borders and read them at home.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:07 pm 
Godzilla