Donewaiting Friendship Farm
http://www.donewaiting.com/board/

Wonderland
http://www.donewaiting.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=30089
Page 4 of 4

Author:  robertduffy [ Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wonderland

Quote:
In the continuing efforts to create a physical home for Wonderland Columbus, to
better fulfill its mission to offer Columbus new cultural, educational and
collaborative opportunities, board and staff of the emerging non-profit are
currently investigating a variety of locations around Columbus.

Initial plans to locate the project within the former Wonder Bread factory in the
Short North ultimately proved unfeasible. Through a process involving input from
independent property appraisers and several developers consulting with
Wonderland, including a review of comparable properties in and around
Downtown, it was determined that the final asking price for the building was not
fiscally defensible for a tax-exempt organization seeking public support.

According to executive director Adam Brouillette, this development will do nothing
to slow the projectʼs momentum and may help expedite Wonderlandʼs application
for 501c3 non-profit status with the IRS.

The search for a new physical home for Wonderland Columbus has begun with
the help of a committee of trusted advisors who have volunteered their time to
the task. So far, several locations with great potential have been identified. The
architecture firm of BBCO Design will remain with the project and is also assisting
with the search effort.

“The community response to this project has been overwhelmingly positive,”
Brouillette said. “Iʼm encouraged by the continued support Wonderland is getting
in its efforts to find a new home. With the help of our community supporters, weʼll
be able to create an even better asset than what we had planned before.”

Representatives from Wonderland will be available to the public for questions
and feedback at a variety of upcoming programs on the Wonderland calendar,
starting with the creative networking event Wunderblender August 2 at The Jury
Room. Progress updates will also be shared at www.wonderlandcolumbus.com.

Author:  Wumme Wenders [ Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wonderland

Question:

Has there ever been a "physical home" for Wonderland?

Didn't Wonderland receive "lots of money" in grants to make their dreams come true?

All I wanted to see was a concert in the big bread oven. :|

Author:  christopher lasch [ Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wonderland

:(

Author:  mikecarney [ Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wonderland

my feelings are best expressed by lyrics from the cam'ron song "take em to church"

"Listen, ya’ll Stop It
Know you appalled dotted
But this my call by the false prophet, all profit
Harlem Hustler, I can’t at all knock it
But you hard, when you go in the lord's pocket.
What you offering, put it, write an offer in
They take it all, Cash, Credit, Silver, down to porcelin
Look at the Porsche he’s in
Then Give them portioning
No handicap, Annie Rag, orphan friends"

Author:  Bo Davis [ Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wonderland

Maybe I could rent out my third floor to them.

Author:  djbeefstew [ Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wonderland

http://www.theotherpaper.com/news/artic ... 002e0.html

Quote:
To understand the swirl of momentum that quickly lifted Wonderland is to understand the people behind it: these are some of the same folks who led the 2007 initiative to declare Columbus "The Indie Arts Capital of the World."

Was this "Indie Arts Capital" distinction an accolade bestowed upon us by some fancy French institution with an impossible-to-spell name?

Of course not. It was nothing more than a PR initiative by Brouillette, the Couchfire Collective, and the Mayor's office.

During the Jan. 29 meeting, which was recorded and later posted on Youtube, Brouillette said, "When you say something like (you're the indie arts capital), it's a matter of putting your foot down and saying 'we're going to be something,' and now you're trying to do those things. There are a lot of people who have put a lot of time and effort in and like it or not, we're working towards that."

See what he did there? You don't need to be the "indie arts capital," you just need to declare it and hope that it eventually pans out. This, in common parlance, is known as the "fake it ‘til you make it" strategy.


Hahaha... Happy to see that the "Indie Art Capital" come back to haunt.

"Fake it till you make it" indeed.

Author:  Intercontinental C's [ Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wonderland

damn, Ole Forland be naughty as hell

Author:  thisoneholymedium [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wonderland

http://www.theotherotherpaper.com/

Author:  Spliney [ Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wonderland

What the hell did I miss?

Author:  cruise_elroy [ Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wonderland

thisoneholymedium wrote:
http://www.theotherotherpaper.com/


Liz Lessner wrote:
the source is an ex-girlfriend (as many, many sources tell me, including some that admit to be involved with TOOP)



i heard about th site and th ex-gf thing in th same sentence a coupla days ago. i really can't contain my love for this.

Author:  irongoat81 [ Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wonderland

some music thing is going on at the closed seagull bags on High St... next door to the closed capitol recordings.

they have beattles posters in the window and everything.

??

Author:  Snarky [ Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wonderland

irongoat81 wrote:
some music thing is going on at the closed seagull bags on High St... next door to the closed capitol recordings.

they have beattles posters in the window and everything.

??


Thats my buddy Dru's (Locusta/Artillery Breath)new music lessons place. His dad sells shirts and posters in the front. Stop by and say hi! Dru's a great guy and I wish him the best! It has nothing to do with Wonderingland. He's doing guitar lessons there and I belive he is hunting down other music teachers to teach out of there.

Author:  irongoat81 [ Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wonderland

Snarky wrote:
irongoat81 wrote:
some music thing is going on at the closed seagull bags on High St... next door to the closed capitol recordings.

they have beattles posters in the window and everything.

??


Thats my buddy Dru's (Locusta/Artillery Breath)new music lessons place. His dad sells shirts and posters in the front. Stop by and say hi! Dru's a great guy and I wish him the best! It has nothing to do with Wonderingland. He's doing guitar lessons there and I belive he is hunting down other music teachers to teach out of there.


yer kidding me. that is prime real estate and expensive as fuck.
to teach guitar and sell tshirts? wow. good luck.

Author:  Jawbreaker [ Thu May 31, 2012 3:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wonderland

http://www.theudderpaper.com/2012/05/wo ... itigation/

http://www.theudderpaper.com/2012/05/ni ... ips-event/

Author:  Spliney [ Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wonderland

access forbidden.

Author:  cheezus [ Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wonderland

Spliney wrote:
access forbidden.


Weird... whoda thunk that anyone would actually sue a blog? oh wait... this is Columbus...

Looks like the blog lost.

Author:  MindTwinMedia [ Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wonderland

Could anyone be kind enough to fill me in on what the hell is going on with Wonderland?

What's up with the litigation?

Author:  grifter [ Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wonderland

Here was the status of the Wonderland website around thanksgiving

http://imgur.com/6GBIf

A week later, someone shelled out the big buxx to renew the domain. Sooo.. ya. Pretty sure this shit aint goin nowhere. :boohoo:

Author:  cheezus [ Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wonderland

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1STJtoLv ... edit?pli=1

O.M.G.

Gonna be hard to run Wonderland from a Franklin County cell.

Author:  robotttrouble [ Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wonderland

Yup, pretty damning case. Childhood sexual assault charges follow a person for life.

Author:  groundrules [ Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wonderland

cheezus wrote:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/1STJtoLvqgskgQFj0qpZxrboLknA1l-2xSmzJx3l1x9luqHiGF6TBlGbp8DuL/edit?pli=1

O.M.G.

Gonna be hard to run Wonderland from a Franklin County cell.


robotttrouble wrote:
Yup, pretty damning case. Childhood sexual assault charges follow a person for life.


without interjecting any judgement one way or another, let me just point out that there are no childhood sexual assault charges being filed. That would be a criminal matter. This is a civil suit, and the plaintiff is asking for money, not jail time.

Author:  robotttrouble [ Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wonderland

I want to point out that Adam *is* in fact being accused of childhood sexual assault in the civil suit. Also, civil suits can and often do lead to criminal prosecution.

Author:  robotttrouble [ Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wonderland

Also, the term "charges" is applicable for both criminal and civil cases.

http://publicrecordsguide.com/charges.html

In this case, Jennifer may be seeking restitutions for emotional or psychological damage related to these charges.

Author:  cheezus [ Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wonderland

groundrules wrote:
without interjecting any judgement one way or another, let me just point out that there are no childhood sexual assault charges being filed. That would be a criminal matter. This is a civil suit, and the plaintiff is asking for money, not jail time.


Yeah, I caught that it was a civil case, but if half that mess is true, it'll go criminal no problem.
Wonder how CCAD kept this all under wraps all these years, too, considering Adam was employed at the time and evidently used his position inappropriately.

The real question here is how the hell you can't get laid at CCAD like a grown up.
I thought all that place produced was shitty bands and hipster sluts.

Author:  Wesley Flexner [ Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wonderland

cheezus wrote:
groundrules wrote:
without interjecting any judgement one way or another, let me just point out that there are no childhood sexual assault charges being filed. That would be a criminal matter. This is a civil suit, and the plaintiff is asking for money, not jail time.


Yeah, I caught that it was a civil case, but if half that mess is true, it'll go criminal no problem.
Wonder how CCAD kept this all under wraps all these years, too, considering Adam was employed at the time and evidently used his position inappropriately.

The real question here is how the hell you can't get laid at CCAD like a grown up.
I thought all that place produced was shitty bands and hipster sluts.


internally debating online ethics about laughing at jokes in this thread.

Page 4 of 4 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/