[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - The Capital City Half Marathon

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Capital City Half Marathon
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:31 pm 
Godzilla

Anyone else running it on May 1? I'd pay to see Blammo and Mike Travis run it with beer hats on. I quit smoking last July and decided I had to trade off the smoking habit for an excercise addiction. Otherwise, I knew I wouldn't be able to stay off the cigs. Next, I'll have to get a road bike.

Post subject: Re: The Capital City Half Marathon
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:34 am 
Godzilla

dude, i'm looking for a road bike too, but i'm a little overwhelmed. you have any suggestions? How about doing a Triathalon with me this summer? I've always wanted to do that.

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:40 am 
Mechagodzilla

I am super far away from 26.2 or 13.1 shape right now but good for you Limey :!: :!:
Columbus is great for long races because it's really flat. I did the C-bus Marathon in '06 and it was perfect (although a bit cold at the start).
There are some dudes on this message board that can help you out in finding the right bike. I started a thread a couple of years back and GrndRls and MrknMfly (Mikey O is some kind of bike racing champion) were SUPER HELPFUL so I'd suggest either digging up that thread or start a new one asking for that help.

:clap: :clap: :clap: have a great race :clap: :clap: :clap: and I'll offer any help/advice you may want with the running stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:32 am 
Godzilla

A Triathalon would be great except for the swimming. I'm told I need to work on my form because I'm basically just moving a lot of water and not really getting anywhere very fast. Maybe we can do a synchronized set, instead.

I'll have to let you know about the bikes. Heather's a pretty huge cycling enthusiast, so, I know she'll have some good suggestions.

Thanks for the support, Ramirez. I ran 9 last week and wasn't very sore the next day at all, which is a good sign. Kind of amazed that I ran it in 80 mins, but, I doubt that I can keep that pace for 13.1. I would be extremely happy if I could make it in 2 hours. I'm running 11 tonight, but, not doing anymore than that in one run before the marathon. I'm super prone to shin splints, but, just run through them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:54 am 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:25 am 
Godzilla

This was even more fun than I had expected. Finished it in 2:04 and i'm still kicking. Hurray!

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:00 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:10 am 
Mechagodzilla

I quit smoking exactly 2 weeks ago on "420 dude". I know it's only been two weeks, but I've drank a couple of times, and I've been around others smoking a lot. But, I'm officially mentally done with smoking cigs. I want to get into running again. Last time I quit, I was just getting into running. It definitely helps with any kind of cigarette craving.

Right now, I have some sort of "corn" on my left foot, right under my second toe. Been trying to get rid of it, but it won't go away. I've been using some cheap over the counter medicine, but nothing is really working. Maybe I should freeze it off? I cannot afford a doctor right now. Or maybe I'm too stubborn..........

Anywho, Mr Lime, that's awesome news! Maybe I'll be able to participate next year.

http://www.unpossibles.com
http://www.reddahliaband.com

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:13 am 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:22 pm 
King Ghidorah

Congrats on the time!

Great run.
If you learn of any decent road bike that isn't the cost of a small motorcycle, let me know. I've been interested in a road bike for a while now. I've been looking a few times, and the rule is basically: the lighter the bike, the more expensive it gets.

My interest in not working as hard at it, has me at odds with my wallet.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:07 pm 
Godzilla

Thanks, everybody! No doubt on the road bikes. I'm afraid to ask my girlfriend how much her's cost. It's like lifting up a piece of paper. She says she'll do the half marathon next year if I do a 100 mile bike run with her this year.

As far as the smoking goes, I have cheated at least a few late nights, usually around 3am, but, cutting down on the boozing helps cutting down on the urge to smoke and I go out about 90% less than I used to. I probably have had a few in the past year which is way better than 4 or 5 packs a week.