[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Anybody been to the Kroger at Northern Lights?

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anybody been to the Kroger at Northern Lights?
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:19 am 
King Ghidorah

I hate that place. It's in my neighborhood (the ghetto), but I avoid it. Here's a song about that Kroger.

Ghetto Kroger

Been a while since I've hit the store
A few weeks, maybe more,
And I'm lookin' at empty cupboards, yeah (x2)

Chorus
I don't want to go, no
But I can go on much longer
So I'll find my way to that place
When my foodstuffs need replaced
When my foodstuffs need replaced

I park the car and I grab a cart
I get pissed before I start
I shop in the fucking ghetto, yeah (x2)

My wrists I would like to slit
As a kid throws a fucking fit
This store can suck my dick ,yeah (x2)

Stick a butter, loaf a bread and a gallon of milk...

http://billycoolandthewhips.bandcamp.com/

Post subject: Re: Anybody been to the Kroger at Northern Lights?
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:03 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Billy, you are like Weird Al but you write your own music instead. However, all your songs sound king of familiar. Like when South Park makes fun of various songs. But you do it well. I gotta be honest, I wasn't that into this one. As someone who has shopped at many a ghetto Krogers i feel this could have been a lot more amusing. Lots of material and you just didn't go for it this time. You can do it man. Tell us why you really don't want to go to the Krogers. Maybe a follow up?

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:38 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:27 pm 
King Ghidorah

Good stuff Billy Cool. I'm a fan.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:56 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm 
Godzilla

here's a tip, tho':

there are many kroger's in and around many places one may choose to refer to as "ghetto" but the kroger at 7th (king) & high is Ghetto Kroger

if you refer to any other kroger as Ghetto Kroger everyone will think yer talking about that one anyway so embrace it

and seriously, just because weird al is funny and music doesn't mean everyone who tries to be funny and music bears a resemblance

I'm not saying "faggy" because I don't like homosexuals, I happen to be a huge fan of Rob Halford, Ian Mckellen, and I'm pretty sure Kurt Cobain even said that he might be bisexual, hell I have a bisexual friend. I'm saying "faggy" to describe this guys voice.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:14 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:04 am 
Godzilla

I've been to both. I think it's mostly a tie. However, there are no truly "ghetto" supermarkets. If they were truly "ghetto", the cash registers would be 7 feet up to prevent people diving over the counter and there would be bars on the windows at all times. There would be "loosy" cigarettes and blunts available at the checkout. There would be a large assortment of 40oz malt liquor, really cheap wine, and energy drinks.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:56 am 
Mechagodzilla

http://www.unpossibles.com
http://www.reddahliaband.com

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:04 pm 
Mothra

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:56 pm 
King Ghidorah

I don't think the places that you are describing would be considered "super"markets. They would be in the carryout family.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:57 pm 
Godzilla

That's my point. The supermarkets aren't "ghetto".

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:59 pm 
King Ghidorah

is billy cool afraid of black people?

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:03 pm 
Godzilla

that's all i've been thinking this whole thread.

"is he racist? classist? or just a pussy?"

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:07 pm 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:30 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:43 pm 
Godzilla

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:15 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:22 pm 
Godzilla

nope, pretty sure "funny" isn't an issue here . . .

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:36 pm 
Godzilla

To be fair, humor and musical taste are very subjective. I listened to his songs with an open mind and did not care for them, and I know that I can like someone and not like their music/humor and vice versa.

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:40 pm 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:50 pm 
Godzilla

- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:05 pm 
King Ghidorah

Why do you guys have to turn all my threads into a Billy bitchfest? Why not just be cool and tell me how awesome my songs are? We'd get along a lot better that way. Or, you could just keep trolling me.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:39 am 
Jet Jaguar

You know what used to piss me off about the Ghetto Kroger, the High and 7th one... I used to live right by there. For years they didn't sell beer in bottles on OSU football game weekends. And then to top it off they only had comdoms at the service counter and didn't have anybody there at night, and good luck finding somebody to get them for you... It's like if you're trying to party that's not the place to go.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:43 am 
Godzilla

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract