[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Creeper Lagoon

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Creeper Lagoon
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:03 pm 
The new Creeper Lagoon EP is nothing short of stunning.

Shame on all media for not recognizing this group. It is the most innovative stuff I have heard. It is urgent sounding without being too abrasive. And the production...ah...so lush.

Do yourself a favor. Buy it today.

Post subject: Short of stunning?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:59 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

I've only listened to the EP twice and both times was as background music rather than giving it my full attention. That being said, I'm not sure that I'd go so far as calling it "short of stunning". I thought the EP they put out before the last album (sorry, I'm awful with CD titles ... I can't remember what either the EP or the last full length were titled) was really, really good. In fact, I wrote a review that said something like "the way that people are talking about Radiohead now is the way they'll be talking about Creeper Lagoon in the next year or two." Unfortunately, I didn't think the last CD lived up to the EP's potential.

Creeper Lagoon was really hyped a few years back and never really lived up to the hype which, in my opinion, is actually a good thing. They seem to be a band that can grow into the hype. Too many bands fall victim to the "hype" early in their career and never move on. I think Creeper Lagoon does have the skills to really be a great band one of these days.

-Chip

Post subject: HEADPHONES!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 10:57 am 
Snarf

Post subject: creeper
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:42 pm 
Snarf

Post subject: I got it on the web
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 2:17 pm 
Snarf

I bought it on ebay, but the label is Arena Rock.

You should be able to get it from them.

Don't delay...buy now.

Post subject: creeper lagoon ep
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 8:56 pm 
Mothra

I just picked up the new EP on Arenarock when I was in Bloomington. I listened to it on the way back and was pretty dissapointed. mostly by the fact that every song is slooooooow. Come ON! I saw these guys on HBO's Reverb and was blown away, But what is the problem with their records? The last LP while ,it had some solid songs, was vastly overproduced... i could hardly pay attention to the melodies with all the buzzing and beeping. This ep is no different with the added bonus of not containing a single rock song. SWEET!

I know I know, I should give it another shot and I can't understand a band with a great live sound completely fucking it up in the studio. Put away the casio's and samplers kids, play time is over.

Post subject: WORD!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 10:52 pm 
Godzilla

I love that Creeper Lagoon. When will they tour??? Pollstar has some dates up but I don't think I'll be travelling Internationally any time soon.

On the other hand, Wheat is opening up for Toad @ the Pavilion. Tickets are crazy expensive for that show. Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:20 pm 
Snarf

Umm. What the crap is going on? I downloaded the new MP3 and it wasn't even the good singer that stuck around. It was the weirdo Pink Floyd cat. Crimeny! Booooooo! Boooooo!

Bring back the big hooks!

Post subject: I hear ya
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:23 pm 
Mothra

this is what I'm saying... the vocals are like whispered and triple tracked. He doesn't project a single note on any of the five songs. and that's forgetting the fact that I don't even think the drummer plays on the entire EP BOOOOOOO!!!

should rename the band to Sleepy Lagoon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:27 pm 
Snarf

Jesus Dude. You replied in 8 seconds.

You want to start a gang and fight the new Creeper line-up? We'll get weapons and leather wrist bands, and stuff like that. My code name is Ace.

We'll drive the Toyota out there with our cronies in the bed. We'll make Kovitya do the dirty work.

Post subject: new lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:33 pm 
Mothra

I didn't know they had a new lineup. by the sound of the EP I would guess they dumped the guitar player and got a keyboard player instead?

Kovitya is a lover not a fighter.... I say we drive by, slap a helmet on Gerken and toss him like a torpedo out of the back of your pickup at them.... wait axe the helmet. he'll do more damage without it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:33 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

"Sleepy Lagoon" is funny, though.

A hack writer like me will probably steal that soon.

Post subject: The Creeper
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 3:05 pm 
Godzilla

So... I shouldn't waste my time on the latest? Blow. I was waiting for a new release and here they go and clam it.

Everything good ends.
How 'bout Sleeper Lagoon? or Creeper Lampoon?

I used to have a little. Now I have a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 5:44 pm 
Snarf

Nah, Penny, listen to the mp3 first. You might like it. A lot of people hated the Dreamworks release, but I loved it. It's pretty slick, but the hooks are gigundous.

"Hey, sit back, relax, I wanna hold you, but you'd break, just let it out, coo coo coo, coo coo coo"

On the backside, some of the CL fans love the more ambient, experimental, slow stuff.... but if I wanted to hear that, I'd listen to Low or Idaho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 6:13 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Who would have known donewaiting.com had so many Creeper fans?

I guess I need to break it out:

When I was a young NJ Livin' Bob Duffy, I interned for Mammoth Records. This was the time when the Squirrel Nut Zippers were ruling the radio, and Seven Mary Three were killing people in Ohio.

Anyway, Creeper's first record (or one of the first), "I Become Small and Go," was released on a Mammoth imprint. So when they were doing a NYC show I got to hang out with them a lot.

I think I got high just by shaking their hand. I was all "hey I love your record" and they were all "Yeah, man."

:twisted: