[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - '90s one-hit wonder videos (post your favorites)

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: '90s one-hit wonder videos (post your favorites)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:30 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Got a CD in the mail by The Break and Repair Method. Quick research (read: a visit to the band's MySpace page) reveals this is a side project of Matchbox 20 guitarist Paul Doucette (dude, give up your day gig and put all your eggs in this basket!) featuring a wide array of friends who lend their talents to various songs. Reading the names is like reading a Who's Who of mid-90s MTV videos - Tracy Bonham ("Mother Mother"), Nina Gordon (ex-Veruca Salt, "Seether"), David Levita (Alanis Morrisette), Roger Manning (Jellyfish, Beck), Rusty Anderson (Paul McCartney), Jeff Russo (Tonic, "If You Could Only See the Way"), Ryan Macmillan (The Push Stars), and Matt Beck (Dog's Eye View). And, did I mention that Doucette is married to Moon Unit Zappa?

All these names got me thinking of the one-hit wonders of the '90s, particularly the mid-90s (of which many of these performers were members of).

Remember this song? (Dig - "Believe")

Or this one? (New Radicals - "Get What You Give")

Or this one? (Marcy Playground - "Sex and Candy")

I know fans of these bands will argue that they were more than one-hit wonders the same way I'll argue that Blind Melon and Veruca Salt were more than one-hit wonders, but to the average music consumer, these bands are known for one hit, and one hit only.

On your mark ... get set ... post videos!

Post subject: Re: '90s one-hit wonder videos (post your favorites)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:35 pm 
Godzilla

those first two don't work

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:41 pm 
Godzilla

wax-hush

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:42 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Universal Music Group strikes again! "Embedding not allowed". BOO. The videos I had up there have been replaced with videos NOT owned by Universal Music Group.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:44 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:49 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:08 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:16 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Jesus Jones - "Right Here, Right Now"

(this wasn't even a hit but one of my favorite bands from the '90s, Fig Dish) Fig Dish - "Seeds"

The Murmurs - "You Suck"
[myspace-video]http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=25771852[/myspace-video]

Letters to Cleo - "Here and Now"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:17 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:20 pm 
Godzilla

geraldine fibbers-dragon lady

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:23 pm 
Godzilla

i wish this was an actual video, just a song though

supreme love gods-souled out

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:25 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Machines of Loving Grace

God Lives Underwater

Nada Surf

The Meices

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:25 pm 
Godzilla

these probably do not count as hits. i miss good headbanger's ball.

prong : prove you wrong
[myspace-video]http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=30703586[/myspace-video]

forced entry : macrocosm, microcosm

bullet lavolta : the gift

(i actually wanted to post swandive)

Last edited by superunison on Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:28 pm 
Godzilla

such an awesome song

superdrag-sucked out

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:30 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:31 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:52 pm 
Godzilla

neds atomic dustbin-happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:13 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

out there counting stars

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:36 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

School of Fish

The Toadies

Presidents of the USA

Fishbone

T-Ride

Mighty Mighty Bosstones

That Dog

Loud Lucy (for Tankboy)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:58 pm 
Godzilla

sneaker pimps-six underground

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:10 pm 
Godzilla

As immaturity may be a result of certain chemical imbalances
so may the friggin' skatenigs, flick the trigger on the sucker
squealing studs of puddness,
they sing stuck in a rut in pig pog land
they share rigs with grave diggers,
worry about death when its done come and gone,
you buy their records and they'll piss on your momma's best collectables.
they beat their rancid meat and expect you to pay the check
they ream the beef of bad backstage girls
redundant in new wave black
up the butt, snuck, stuck, mucked-up, sucked
I'd eat baboon bowel before I'd bite on their juvenile, penile pole projections
they casually, smashingly refer to as "my dick"
Infected, rejected, afflicted, mal-addicted, boa constrictive
if immaturity is a indeed a certain result of chemical imbalances,then these guys are on a permanent, Ammaco overload.
Crawling through maggot breath, yeehaaaaaw
boys with latex toys,
if buttholes were peepshows then the Nigs are the window to the soul
of this fucking ridiculous world
Banality's got nothin' on these boys
enough to sign royalty checks,
the forged signitaure
the toilet swipe,
the mega-acid smile
the glitch in the universal way

yeah...
a real boss abortion to brag about at your next barbeque.

skatenigs-chemical imbalance

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:32 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

can i add in a "post the title so there's no duplicates" request to this fun threeeeadd???

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:22 pm 
Godzilla

what i really miss is the triple thrash threat.

entombed : stranger aeons

godflesh : mothra

sepultura : dead embryonic cells

carcass : incarnated solvent abuse

corrosion of conformity : vote with a bullet

napalm death : suffer the children

jawbox : savory

shudder to think : x-french tee shirt
[myspace-video]http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=30567637[/myspace-video]
i remember being impressed by how the whole song was like one chord

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:35 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

from the rob duffy mammoth records internship days, we present frente

and

squirrel nut zippers - hell

bonus shit

7m3 - cumbersome

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:49 pm 
Godzilla