[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - The Black Keys, "Attack and Release"

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Black Keys, "Attack and Release"
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:19 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:47 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:50 pm 
Mechagodzilla

if the record gets the right push, i could see this album getting a grammy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:32 am 
Mechagodzilla

Destroying intellectual freedom is always evil, but only religion makes doing evil feel quite so good. - P. Pullman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:33 am 
King Ghidorah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:02 am 
Mechagodzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:43 am 
Mechagodzilla

Destroying intellectual freedom is always evil, but only religion makes doing evil feel quite so good. - P. Pullman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:00 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:09 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:38 pm 
King Ghidorah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:54 pm 
Mechagodzilla

I have heard the album.
Its dope.
Nothing shocking or far from the keys normally do.

I would say it sounds a little looser. And there are certain textures added that make this record outstanding.
To me its almost like they kept in line with what they normally do, and have added somethings that give you a feeling of the Rza circa "Iron Man" and "Liquid Swords" in a manner that would still appeal to a kid that chains smokes while rocking a Led Zepplin patch in high school.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:05 pm 
Mechagodzilla

The MP3 has been removed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:41 am 
King Ghidorah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:02 am 
Mechagodzilla

I'd like to check it out; is it streaming anywhere?

Post subject: Re: The Black Keys, "Attack and Release"
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:03 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

[myspace-video]http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=30049396[/myspace-video]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:44 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

pitchfork review
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/r ... ck-release

i am enjoying this a lot lately

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:56 am 
Godzilla

reviewed in ny times yesterday=positive

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:56 am 
Mechagodzilla

watched the video on the television and it was funny, and i actually watched the whole thing - the kicker is that they played the whole thing; i thought they didn't do that on MTV anymore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:19 pm 
King Ghidorah

number 12 on billboard...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:26 am 
Snarf

Yay!

Can't wait for the show on Sunday, anyone else making a trip to Indy to see them?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:37 am 
King Ghidorah

Hooooweeeee, I sure am diggin' this.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:16 am 
King Ghidorah

It has been brought to my attention that the new record was not very well received by the young republican reader "vice magazine". i have always felt that the writers would be more suited following in their parents footsteps and bankrolling the bush administration than reviewing the arts, and or being involved in the arts for that matter. i feel like a proud parent. the album cover got worst of the month. cheers.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:41 am 
Jet Jaguar

I like this album a lot. "Psychotic girl" is my early fave so far. There are some slower more laid back songs on this one, a good move in my eyes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:51 pm 
Snarf

psychotic girl is one of my faves too. I was very happy when they played it Sunday. The show was great.

Is it too much to ask that The Other Paper get the song names right, geez!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:00 am 
King Ghidorah