[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - OMG! I actually paid for music 2010 edition

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: OMG! I actually paid for music 2010 edition
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:09 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

Treblinka-crawling to the pentagram bootleg LP
Hooded Menace- Anima Morte split 7''
Exhumed- anatomy LP
Exhumed- gore metal LP
Alice Cooper- pretties LP
Alice Cooper- easy action LP
V/A Nuggets: the SF years LP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:15 pm 
Godzilla

Nudge Squidfish LP
Rot Shit 7"
Veins CS
Slave Scene - Heaven Only Knows LP
Homostupids 7"

Also, got the Vile Gash 7" and Guinea Worms LP from BJ. The Vile Gash 7" is a facemelter.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:00 pm 
King Ghidorah

AMEN DUNES* Dia.
The Deep* psychedelic Moods
David Hemmings*Happens
Cheater Slicks* whiskey (again)
Third eye Foundation * ghost (again)
Ron House* blind boy in the back seat
Persona* Son

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:26 pm 
Snarf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:40 pm 
Snarf

Yeah I bought Yob!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:54 pm 
Godzilla

i've recently been getting around to buying cd versions of my favorite albums from my formative years. this week was a foetus-festival. i bought all the 80's foetus shit that i've only ever had on vinyl (and in one case, cassette)

scraping foetus off the wheel
-- hole
scraping foetus off the wheel -- nail
foetus interruptus -- thaw
foetus inc. -- sink
foetus inc. -- butterfly potion
and various ep's & singles by foetus eruptus, the foetus all nude revue, foetus under glass, you've got foetus on your breath, foetus uber frisco, foetus in your bed, foetus art terrorism and the foetus of excellence.

i'm in fucking heaven.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:11 pm 
Godzilla

i've also spent a lot of this year buying those awesome 2-disc uber-editions reissues of shit i've never bothered to update from vinyl. seems like waiting all this time for digital has finally paid off. the second discs are usually demos or b-sides or live trax.

joy division -- unknown pleasures
joy division -- still
joy division -- closer
sonic youth -- daydream nation
sonic youth -- goo
x-ray spex -- germ-free adolescents
nick cave & the bad seeds -- from her to eternity
nick cave & the bad seeds -- the good son
nick cave & the bad seeds -- kicking against the pricks
nick cave & the bad seeds -- your funeral, my trial

the bad seeds ones have 5.1 remixes, videos and documentaries on the 2nd discs. the next 3 in the series just came out, and i can not fucking wait for henry's dream in 5.1 surround.

i also picked up an amazing rhino boxset of 50's rockabilly & punk called rockin' bones. it's basically a blueprint for "how to become a cramp!"

Last edited by BastardSuperstar on Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:17 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

I checked out Coffinworm and was into what I heard. I'm gonna cop when it drops.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:59 pm 
Godzilla

today:

PEOPLES TEMPLE 7"
FRESH & ONLYS - Dirty Knobby 7"
MAGIK MARKERS / SIC ALPS - Tour Split 12"
BROKEN WATER LP

Those Nick Cave reissues rule. Did the new batch come out?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:49 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:39 pm 
Godzilla

x-ray spex. I need to look for that..

I went to the Death show last week and paid for the vinyl For The Whole World To See. Good show. They entered the stage with grim reaper cloaks on.

Then went to the thrift shore and got pristine copies of Lena Horne lovely and alive and give the lady what she wants and Pearl Bailey sings for adults only.

Also The Rough Cutt Wants You record for trading value..I dunno, maybe I'll keep it..

And The Clean Anthology. 48 songs, I like it..
ImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:19 pm 
Godzilla

Today:

CIRCLE ONE - PATTERNS OF FORCE reissue LP
CONDOMINIUM - GAG 7"
SLICES - CRUISING LP
CHEVEU - DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS 7"
DEATH DOMAIN - TOXOPLASMA GONDII 7"

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:54 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:54 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:23 pm 
Godzilla

tell him they never showed up and have him send me a set, too . . .

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:48 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:53 pm 
Snarf

Ordered Ten Ragas to a Disco Beat on a whim.

http://www.bombay-connection.com/en_GB/ ... 1/releases

Enjoyable 2LP -- it took me 5 or 6 listens to realize that sides 3 & 4 are 45 RPM. I kinda like it better at 33 RPM.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:08 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Micah Schnabel's record showed up in the mail yesterday. nice green vinyl. put it, and the beer coozie, to immediate use.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:28 pm 
Godzilla

im enjoying my coozie as well

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:34 pm 
Godzilla

PUFFY AREOLAS - In the army 1981 LP

Thats it this week. Still fighting for a refund from Youth Attack. Records that get lost in the mail are awesome.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:29 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:44 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:32 pm 
Mothra

I’m working on the next issue of Married Life, and I happened to make a list of LP’s I’ve gotten over the last few months, some of these were given to me, but most were bought…I’ll discuss some of these in the upcoming issue.

Trapezoid – Three Forks of Cheat
"10" Soundtrack
Vangelis – The Dragon
Kristian Schultze – Metronomics
New Music for Organ (nonesuch) William Bolcom / William Albright – Black Host, Organ Book 2
Mike Mandel – Utopia Highway
Schonberg – Pierrot Lunaire
The Composer’s Quartet (Milton Babbitt, et al)– Nonesuch
Bill Monroe’s Country Music HoF
King Snake Roost – Things That Play Themselves
William Ackerman – Conferring with the Moon
Yes - The Yes Album
Rush – s/t
Noise Unit – Deceit 45
Bells on Hi Fi - Carillon at the Seattle World's Fair
Synergy -
Jerry Read Smith/ Tom Fellenbaum – The Strayaway Child
Les Aborigenes – Cants et Danses de l’australie du nord
Larry Karush / Glann Moore – May 24th, 1976
Soundtrack from the American Dreamer
Eagles – One of Those Nights
Gone – Damage Control 45
TS Eliot reading Poems and Choruses
New Music for Virtuosos
Front Line Assembly – Provision 45
Star Castle – Citadel
Ministry – Burning Inside 45 – Cousins of Reggae – Quartz
Cousins of Reggae – Methridge
Russian Tsarlag - Open Casket
Songs of the Ghetto sung by Cantor Abraham Brun (Folkways)
Steely Dan – Aja
IDF – Compulsion
Octis/ Ocrilim 7"
Apocalypse Now Soundtrack
Guinea Worms – Sorcererers of Madness
Canned Heat – Hallelujah
King Crimson – Islands
Mincemeat or Ten Speed / Drums Like Machine Guns
Strapping Fieldhands – The Caul 10”
Blake Hargreaves – The Waxathon
Mike Shiflet - Lost Tresures LP
Rick Wakeman – King Arthur Myths
Skull Snaps
Maths Balance Volumes – Lower Forms
Ceylon Mange - The Maiming Path
Sightings – City of Straw
Sightings – Arrived in Gold
Michigan 6 LP Boxset
TNV – Born Again Revisited
Sun Araw / Predator Vision split

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:05 pm 
Godzilla

Record shopping with Tom Derwent last nite:

Phil Ochs~ Greatest Hits, 1970 lp (Will Foster first turned me onto this record, contains the classic Boy From Ohio, and is not really a greatest hits record, that's just the name of it..)

Phil Ochs~ Rehearsal For Retirement, 1969 lp

Jerry Jeff Walker~ A Man Must Carry On, 1977, double lp

I wasn't looking for it but Academy had a sealed reissue of

EDIT, ADD>
Tin Huey, Contents Dislodged During Shipment, 1979

Most of these records went for $3..

Last edited by underspecialization on Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:07 pm 
Godzilla