[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Pavement Reunion 09/2010

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pavement Reunion 09/2010
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:33 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

http://pitchfork.com/news/36505-holy-sh ... on-is-real

i mean, the only time i saw pavement it was pretty uninspiring... but maybe they were done with it by then..

Post subject: Re: Pavement Reunion 09/2010
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:59 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:35 am 
Jet Jaguar

The night they played Staches' was one of the best nights ever in that place. Gary was hanging outside the front door doing somersaults on the sidewalk, and introducing himself to hipsters who did NOT believe he was the drummer in the band they came to see. It was hilarious, the looks he got. They thought he was some wino or something.
The show at the Alrosa was kinda flat.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:24 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:35 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I enjoyed both Staches and Alrosa PAVEMENT shows. I still have the ticket.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18097936@N00/3814566144/

Saw them at the first Coachella in 99 and it was one of the worst gigs I've ever been to, so... they didn't leave on a good note. I doubt that it will be the same story with these new gigs.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:18 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Pavement is the most important band of the 90s? I doubt that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:10 pm 
Godzilla

I saw them at Lollapalooza in 1995. They were ok. That particular Lollapalooza was my favorite. Sonic Youth, Jesus Lizard, Pavement, Dambuilders, I'm sure there were more...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:25 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:35 am 
King Ghidorah

I hope this works out and they announce an OhighO date.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:40 am 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:17 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

nostalgia got the best of me and i bought tickets for reunion, night #3.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:52 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:00 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:07 pm 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:25 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I dug out the calenders. Staches' show was 6/14/92. Alrosa gig was 5/11/94. Two months before I left town.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:03 am 
King Ghidorah

Then there was the Newport show a couple years after the Al Rosa show. That's the one where the drummer broke his snare head and the percussionist got all whiny when they asked him to give the drummer his snare. Long delay, much bickering, so-so show.

As much as I like the idea of a Pavement reunion on paper -- and I'm sure I'll go out of my way to see it if it happens -- I'm pretty happy with the Malkmus/Jicks experience these days. Their last album was great and they put on a terrific show when I saw them several weeks ago. They were much more relaxed and seemed to really be enjoying themselves. Plus they played a handful of new songs that sounded very nice on first listen.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:30 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

New Spiral Stairs CD is da bomb.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:17 pm 
King Ghidorah

"My brother's Municipal League baseball team is named the Stepdads. Seeing as none of the guys on the team are actual stepdads, I inquired about the name. He explained, "Cuz we beat you, and you hate us."
-unknown

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:54 am 
Summer Babe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:23 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Pavement unispiring??!?!?!??!?!?!?? The stock market is unispiring. I can't even believe I saw these words in the same sentence.

I've already made arrangements to see them on each coast. Sleep through it if you want. More room in the front row for me.

your uniform gets cleaned.
-American Music Club

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:32 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Pavement had their first show last night.. Here's what they played, broken down by album:

Pavement March 1st 2010 in Auckland, NZ setlist (by album via)
-Westing
Box Elder
Summer Babe

- Slanted and Enchanted
In the mouth a desert (first song)
Trigger Cuts
No life singed her
Conduit for sale
Lorettas Scars
Here
Perfume-V

-Crooked Rain