[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Gaunt Tribute

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gaunt Tribute
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:48 pm 
King Ghidorah

probably the best "tribute" show i've seen ever.
a very big THANKS to all who actually took the time to hone and work the songs. JW surely woulda been proud.
i don't know what all bands were called what but i was thoroughly impressed with Sam and band's retooling of fuck the rich kids. it was entertaining and interesting. hell, the whole set was really good.
Brett and co. came before them and did adequate to really good covers. the guitar was dead on for that band i thought.
TJSA kinda flopped big time, but it was humorous. especially with jim jumping up on stage and showing ron how to sing jim motherfucker. hilarious.
just me or did the ferals seem kind of shoehorned in? they were good but didn't do any gaunt songs.
then tutti and the 3 new bomb turks... excellent set and everyone really got into it.
she did her best JW impression which as a female ain't easy. the boys played fantastic!
i didn't know what to expect of necropolis but they gave a touching nod to jerry as a musical mentor then absolutely torched through a great set. i thought the keys really added to the intensity.
sorry i didn't take note of all of the songs. there are too many to mention.
would like to see what others there thought of the show.
well done all!

"My brother's Municipal League baseball team is named the Stepdads. Seeing as none of the guys on the team are actual stepdads, I inquired about the name. He explained, "Cuz we beat you, and you hate us."
-unknown

Post subject: Re: Gaunt Tribute
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:37 pm 
Mothra

I agree TJSA flopped, but Jim's vocal was a highlight. Everybody was fun but Red Rubber Nose w Brett singing was my favorite. Too bad they played first!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:00 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:06 pm 
Mechagodzilla

completely wicked awesome. i was taken back to my youth not only by the music, but the vintage late 90's audience that gathered. it made up for larry's not existing any more.

jim weber is god.

your uniform gets cleaned.
-American Music Club

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:00 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I taped several sets Saturday night. Due to some technical problems(and a ton of beers) I missed a couple sets.

These are the sets I did capture and are ready for Download:

Red Rubber Nose

TJSA

Necropolis

I did get 3 songs from the Delicious Pizza set and they will be found in the Red Rubber Nose folder.

Go to this link:

Find the set you want, check the box and choose bulk download on the left.

Feel free to grab anything else you find.

Enjoy,

Sperry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:11 pm 
King Ghidorah

There wasn't a band I didn't like. Actually, I thought every band was awesome. I'm glad most every album was represented, that is to say, I'm glad there were bricks and blackouts songs.

Best line of the night, TJSA doing lies "I didn't wanna see it, I didn't wanna hear it, I didn't wanna drink it, I didn't wanna fuck it."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:59 pm 
Mechagodzilla

your uniform gets cleaned.
-American Music Club

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:37 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:31 pm 
Godzilla

I shouldn't have missed this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:40 pm 
King Ghidorah

annual???
i didn't catch all of brett and band's set but what i heard was really good. except for the mic. the vocals weren't all getting through.
tutti and nbt was my fave i think, but like everyone says, it was all good.
minus the tjsa disaster hahhaha... but still entertaining!

"My brother's Municipal League baseball team is named the Stepdads. Seeing as none of the guys on the team are actual stepdads, I inquired about the name. He explained, "Cuz we beat you, and you hate us."
-unknown