blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: George Michael fans?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:32 pm 
Snarf

anyone a fan? or of wham! ?
he just re-released his Faith album as a box set last week! i was just wondering if any fans got it and what do they think?? thanks!!

Post subject: Re: George Michael fans?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:17 pm 
Godzilla

"I usually avoid places like Chipotle Mexican Grill, which opened last month on 44th Street, near Third Avenue. It belongs to a chain partly owned by McDonald's. That places it squarely among the forces that are ironing the country's quirky regional wrinkles into a smooth national uniform in which Anchorage equals Akron. Each franchise, whether restaurant, coffee shop or drugstore, arrives with focus groups, market surveys and other tools of bureaucracy, relentlessly homogenizing flavor and creativity.

Regardless of how one feels about chains, this first Chipotle in New York City produces undeniably good food, including the last things I would expect: forceful spicing, fresh, good-quality ingredients and attention to details. What's more, while the components of Chipotle's burritos, fajitas and tacos are made in advance, they are assembled to order, a crucial element in the leap from sustenance to pleasure.

The chain trumpets its use of free-range pork, chicken and beef, from humanely raised animals that are not fed hormones or antibiotics. I can't help applauding, though Chipotle applauds itself enough without my help. Still, poor kitchen practices can overshadow even the best ingredients. What's most impressive is how carefully Chipotle controls its cooking and serving operation, a difference you can taste, not just between Chipotle and other fast-food places but also between Chipotle and independent burrito shops.

I am not actually partial to burritos."

Post subject: Re: George Michael fans?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:45 am 
Mechagodzilla

Oh Dear Spine Of Teeth.

In order to avoid sounding like a record label intern, you should adopt some of the following behaviors

1) Respond to 3 things someone else has written for every 1 thing you write. Message boards are a communal activity, and the foundation of community is exchange, it's what ties us together, makes our interests similar, and it's where people will find the energy to either believe or forgive you when you make a sales pitch.

2) This may sound like an extension of 1, it is to a certain extent. While your responding to 3 thing written by others, pay attention to what they are saying. What do they like? What is their tone? Without relying on stereotypes, try to figure out how they, tick, what they respond to. Mention specific things the person said in your responce. Let them know that you've read and comprehended them. If they think you've said something insightful, they'll become curious about who this really insightful person is who reads their stuff. Also, it will give you an idea of what people on the site are into. Not to say there are zero GM fans on this site, but you should have a gage of how many there are before you even post. First, you'll waste less time, second you won't embarass yourself, third you can give your post a title that has confidence instead of a wimpy question. You cannot create confidence if you don't have any of your own, and you will need to create confidence in your reader if your goal is to get them to buy something.

3) Try not to sound like a teenager. Most of the people on this site are college graduates, or at least old enough to be. We don't want to caught dead on cyberspace with people who sound like/might be pimply sophmores.

4) Just be honest. "Hey! I'm Jane. Your friendly neighborhood record label intern. Do you wanna hear about some cool music I'm working?" will get you much more than trying to pretend that you're my best friend of 20 years when you only have one post in your history

5) Be aware of the fact that everybody else can see how many posts you've made. If you only have three posts and all of them are sales pitches....reread 1 and 4.

your uniform gets cleaned.
-American Music Club