[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - 20 years of Punk Rock Research

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 20 years of Punk Rock Research
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:40 pm 
Godzilla

20 years of punk rock research has confirmed that punk still mostly = gay cowboy prostitute.

Punks who wanna be punks who order cock tails and give a fuck who listens to their crappy regurgitated trash = brilliant, retarded and gay.

If you're not doing it with a sense of humor, you're not doing it at all.

The idea of rock and roll being dangerous or menacing is such a laugh in itself. Rock and roll. I'm so fucking scared, man! That's as gay as someone citing Kiss as a musical influence because they were so scary and wild-as if their bubble gum and trading cards and queer dolls scared anybody within a stratification of a drooling retard's IQ. OMG- that dude in big boots and makeup is breathing fire! So sexy and terrifying! Wow. Gay.

That's almost as gay as joining a band to score pussy. What kind of soulless jacka$$ does that?

What shitty Jersey mall did you grow up in?

How soon is your band breaking up?

When is the reunion?

And the next reunion?

And the reunion after that?

And the final tour?

Thanks for the entertainment.

Your band still sucks.

Post subject: Re: 20 years of Punk Rock Research
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:46 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

this is a white power, neo-nazi post.
Columbus ARA and the Anti Defamation League have both spoken out against this post.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:48 pm 
Mothra

Like ya said, shitter's full.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:45 pm 

i'm sorry if you think i'm being "threatening" but we have serious ideological differences. you should know that i am a peaceful peace activist, even to the extent of running away whenever possible when physically attacked for being anti-racist!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:13 pm 
Godzilla

1. As slang definitions do evolve it is important to keep in touch from time to time. The Urban dictionary is sometimes helpul just for getting generally oriented. I've been trying to take "gay" back for decades. I think you misread me, Jill. I too am a pacifist. I don't run though. Depending how hard I am thrown by the owner, door man or sound guy I have been known to even roll away. Walking is typically sufficient, though.

2. It has recently been brought to my attention that some of your mothers read this message board (I thought the particular bar owner who told me this might start crying. "Jesus Christ", I thought. "Am I being punked?"). I am very sorry for some of the things that I have said as your mothers read on (although it sure as hell doesn't make them any less true) and I am very sorry that you have mothers who read this.

If your mother is a reader, you may just want to start your own open dialogue with her that's potentially less offensive, less candid and/or historically accurate than what is found here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:00 pm 
Godzilla

i just am impressed that the original post states it was submitted in the middle of the afternoon and not at 4am -which is so f'n hetero that it hurts, and hurts bad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:12 pm 

"I write in response to The Fierce Lime’s disturbing comment that punk is gay. The Fierce Lime’s comments exhibit an extreme lack of awareness and sensitivity. His post is profoundly insensitive. Furthermore, his condemnation of punk rock as “gay” suggests a homophobia that is abhorrent.

Nina Sundell
Regional Director, Anti-Defamation League"

As far as this dude's agenda goes, it is civil rights and racial equality, and the defense of gays, women, immigrants, and all oppressed people against the violence that your post preaches. You can't hide from the truth, and you definately can't boast about being a gay basher online and then just say it never happened. it's easily researchable and even the most precursory internet search of your posts will pop up a continuous flow of hate speech and abhorrent misogynistic rape fantasies. how dumb do you think people are?!?

i'm pretty done with this thread, it is overlong and i feel ARA's point is pretty well made at this point!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:42 pm 
Godzilla

I only meant to say that punk rock is gay in the pejorative sense and may be its saving grace. I'm a big fan of anything garage, low-fi. d.i.y., gay or otherwise that exists in spite of itself with a sense of humor and foolish courageousness.

When you come in touch with the folks who only play the part, you can see right through them and it's kind of sad and nauseating at once-those humorless actors of subversiveness; some bar owner telling you to fu#& off and threaten to kick your a$$ (sure, you and what fu#$ing army, lard a$$?) because their Mom (for real?, wha...?) read your post. They can't even look you in the eye or crack a smile when the finest joke is upon them. That's just sadbastardry and pretentiousness on a level I'll never relate to.

If you can't find common ground among the collective absurdity and humor in all of this musical bs and random maniacal expression and laugh and make amends and move on, then I'd say you're kind of eternally screwed and probably wouldn't know rock and roll if it sucked your balls through your drawers.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:30 pm 

Sorry, none of that was my doing. I took it from here
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=185704894804116

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:10 pm 
Godzilla

NICE!

As much as rock and roll is early Twentieth Century African-American slang for sex, so, is punk rock slang for a tramp's young homosexual companion. I guess contrasting that with my own definition of gay gets at what the author on hippster racism is talking about although he makes a very weak argument for an imaginary hippster who doesn't even exist and then destroys it whereas I actually destroy pale, sickly men on their long journey toward apathy who dare ruin my good vibes at the bars.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:22 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:31 pm 
Godzilla

You've found tan well-built men on a long journey toward apathy daring to ruin your good vibes at bars in Columbus?

Humorless people make for bad company whether they're running a soulless bar or playing in a disingenuous band. Lacking a sense of humor and a willingness to be candid may be the greatest sins of all. 20 years of punk rock research so far has confirmed this.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:50 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:00 pm 
Jet Jaguar

This wouldn't have anything to do with one unruly middle aged drunk being dropped on his face at a "punk" show a couple of weeks ago, would it? As far as your assessment of "punk" goes, the way I see it, people who make up lists and talk of ethos of that which they clearly don't understand, well... they are just fetching for the so-called "punk" points, which, by the way, do NOT exist in the real world.... I will not go into the whole what "punk" is or isn't spiel, cuz the line is too vague and the answer is probably too boring, but I do think, that one's shitty behavior does NOT make him the authority on the subject.... Btw, KISS rules!!!! :wall:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:15 pm 
Mothra

Kiss is pretty gay.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:14 pm 
Mothra

Seriously, though...where was the point?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:03 am 
Godzilla

I bonked edie vender..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:39 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:29 am 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:38 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:55 pm 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:22 pm 
Jet Jaguar

"ever feel like you been cheated?"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:21 pm 

Is punk more dangerous now that Travis Barker hangs out with rappers?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:53 pm 
King Ghidorah

I want to take you to a gay bar.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:21 am 
Snarf

so cunfusing. getting drunk and behaving badly at a bar is not punk anymore? hard feelings on bulletinboard is? cant keep up.