blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Curse in DC
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:09 pm 
Snarf

I am not a big fan of punk rock, nor do I pretend to be. Green Day and Blink 182 are just fine in my book. But I caught a punk show Saturday night in DC at the 9:30 Club, and it rocked.

The punk kids (and there were plenty of them present) clearly loved The Curse. A mosh pit extraordinaire ran constant throughout the show. The fans were spitting loogies on stage, and the Philly-based band members were spitting back. Large youths in combat boots collided in the moshing frenzy sending their mohawked skulls crashing to the ground.

For a band that was opening for the more well-known Avail and The Casualties, The Curse brought ridiculous energy to the stage. I don't think I understood one lyric of lead singer/songwriter Ben Wolfgang, and from what I understand, that's a good thing in punk music. But The Curse have lyrics (and a core following), as more than one fan avoided security, bumrushed the stage, sang a few lyrics, and then took a swan dive back into the raging crowd.

If you're a fan of punk music, I suggest you check these guys out. Don't take my word for it, but rather take a lead from the rabid throngs of hard-core punk fans who injured themselves to the music Saturday night.

Their website is http://thecurse.net/start.php. And you can check out a more informed review of their album at http://www.superpunk.com/articles/103889060152181.asp.

Post subject: Re: The Curse in DC
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:51 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

You put periods after both URLs so the show up broken, mate.

But other than that, good review. I gotta get to that 930 club one day.