[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Batman: The Dark Knight

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Batman: The Dark Knight
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:46 pm 
Mechagodzilla

see the shot where dent is two-face in the car? sweeeeeeet. tommy lee who?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:54 am 
Mechagodzilla

GO GO GO! (spoiler-ish, via aint it cool)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:40 am 
Mechagodzilla

I wish this frickin' movie would come out already. My god.

In the meantime, Domino's had some weird promotional crap where they tried to get everybody to order a pizza to watch a new extended trailer.
It's not a lot of new footage, but there are some phenomenal new Heath Ledger lines in there, especially at the end (that's money behind him).

I found a link past the pizza thing, but the HD trailer is choppy as hell, takes forever to load, and will more than likely lock up or freeze yr computer. If you're feeling bold (click "movie extras" and then "exclusive trailer"):

otherwise, just watch the crappy free YouTube version with the rest of zee Germans.

(...I beat Ain't It Cool on this one, Caleb.)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:14 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Kevin Smith's review has called it "The Godfather 2 of Comic Book Movies" (if you give a poop what he thinks).

slake thy spoiler thirst for mad joker action:

Last edited by SonofSound on Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:35 am 
Mechagodzilla

columbus cited for "i believe in harvey dent" campaign, and other geek fodder. looks like they're outside the gateway.

this viral thing's kinda neat ideally, but pretty useless on the practical side. where's my free tickets? contests to win props from the movie? meh.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:33 am 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:25 am 
Godzilla

i am SOOOO buying that fucking "gotham knight" cartoon on blu-ray tuesday when i wake up.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:02 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:41 pm 
Mechagodzilla

hey guys

I've got booted copies of shots of harvey dent in his...advanced state in the film. I'm not gonna post them on here, b/c they might straight-up ruin the experience of seeing the film. They're craaaazy. Like holy-shit-luke-skywalker-just-got-his-hand-cut-off crazy.

but if you wanna link to them, PM me. cheers.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:47 pm 
Godzilla

i'm just about to start the "gotham knight" thang . . .

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:41 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:20 pm 
Godzilla

i'm surprised at how much i want to see this movie..i had NO interest in any of the others..

not that it matters here, and not blowing my own horn (too much), but, i have a meeting with heath ledger's dad tomorrow..i've been building a bunch of metal stuff for the bar/restaurant Heath had started working on before he passed..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:19 pm 
Mechagodzilla

what's that? keeler's obsessed with TDK? what of it? I can quit anytime I want to.

somebody compiled ten minutes worth of scenes not in any trailers:

if you like the last part (who doesn't? the bat-pod ruuuuuules. gotta get one 2b the coolest of the High St. Taco Bell crotch-rocket gang)...MTV has some more joker action at this link:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:36 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

IMAX screenings selling out like a mofo. i just bought saturday at 5pm..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:20 pm 
Jet Jaguar

AMC at Easton is the only place in town that will be showing it on IMAX. I might have to do the Saturday morning screening at 9:45 am.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:35 am 
Mechagodzilla

reason to get back to columbus #812: we have no imax in this friggin' town. :roll:

so I've been thinking about the impact ledger's joker is gonna have halloween costumes...seems like an easy outfit to imitate, let alone encourage the jackass attitude that fills the streets that time of year. and don't even get me started about the overhead in the goth department. we're gonna have at least two jokers a night at outland for the next 3 years alone. just hope it doesn't throw off this guy's game:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:51 am 
King Ghidorah

It is 6:31 AM.

Last night I went to the midnight showing of the new Batman film, The Dark Knight, at the Lennox.

I loved it so much, I snuck into the 3 AM showing.

This is the first time in my life I have left a movie theatre while the sun was coming up.

Its brilliant.

The film is brilliantly directed and beautifully shot.

It builds up all of the character and plot points that were started in Batman Begins.

Christian Bale is again superb at Bruce Wayne/Batman, brave, conflicted, a little crazy...

Heath Ledger is totally brilliant and completely steals the film as the uber psychotic Joker. In the film, the Joker is brillant, cruel, funny, but most of all, he is frightening. He is very scary. Ledgers Joker is right up there with Anthony Hopkin's performance as Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs. He is that good. There are nice references to Alex from Clockwork Orange and Johnny "Rotten" Lydon in his performance as well.

Aaron Eckart also brilliant as DA Harvey Dent, the bold idealistic Gotham District Attorney whose life and sense of purpose is destroyed by The Joker's chaos. Eckart makes Dent a really good, likeable guy, and when he does finally turn, it is both tragic and frightening.

Micheal Caine again brings depth and warmth as Alfred.

Gary Oldman is once again perfect. striking all of the right notes as Jim Gordon. A decent man in an undecent world.

Maggie Gyllenhall takes over from Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes, and she is just superb. She plays Rachel's intelligence and sense of humour to the hilt, and is very believable as a DA.

Eric Roberts is nasty and slimy as Boss Maroni...

And Cillian Murphy makes a short but effective appearance as The Scarecrow.

Its a great film. You don't have to be a Batman Fan to enjoy it. Go see it.

Bring on the next Batman film.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:53 am 
Godzilla

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:48 am 
Snarf

saw it last night(this morning) at studio 35 with a bunch of liquored up goth kids and generally boisterous movie lovers. GREAT FLICK. Ledger owns. A well-structured screenplay that doesn't end with a big clusterfuck: "if the train hits the building, everything will explode! . . . if the TRAIN hits the BUILDING, EVERYTHING WILL EXPLODE!! BLAGHGHAHAHALALLALAAA!!!"

They showed the Adam West batman movie beforehand . . . SO pre- 9/11.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:48 am 
Jet Jaguar

Ruled. My one complaint is that I could have gone for more joker. Ledger owns.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:14 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Taken from a article on Yahoo. Just skip down towards the end of the article to the bold print
----------------
Call them the new face of comic-book films. Or hitmakers. Or, if they were to decide, two guys who have worked on three movies together.

But Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale, the director and star of The Dark Knight, are trying their darndest to shake the hokey emblems of the Batman franchise.

And so far, they're doing a pretty good job.

The pair helped get the Caped Crusader back on his feet in 2005 with Batman Begins, which grossed $205 million in the USA. They then tackled another tough film genre, magic, with the $40 million The Prestige, which became a surprise success with $53 million.

But nowhere do they take the preposterous more seriously than Knight. Nolan, who has a reputation of making big-budget films with an art-house filmmaker's perspective, says he wanted to shake the franchise of the camp of the 1960s television show and the camera-wink cleverness of the films of the 1990s.

"When we set out to do this, we wanted to make a story that took everything at face value," Nolan says. "How would a city respond if you really did have a man, dressed like a bat, fighting crimes? How would people react if there really were a man, dressed as a clown, committing psychopathic murders?"

It remains for audiences to judge if they've pulled off the feat. But accolades are already rolling in.

"They've given everything a realistic sense," says Spider-Man director Sam Raimi. "Chris doesn't use many special effects; he uses models and makeup. And Christian is simply a great actor — something you have to have if you're going to take these movies seriously."

Seriousness, says Knight co-star Maggie Gyllenhaal, was never a problem. "They have a shorthand between each other that makes them ready to go the moment you come on set," she says. "Sometimes you have to catch up, because they're all business."

But put them together in a room, and their differences — and playfulness — become clear.

Nolan is rarely seen without a suit. Good luck putting Bale in one. Bale tends to answer questions with an earnestness, regardless of whether he's praising or criticizing. Nolan is more diplomatic, if more wry.

Bale, for instance, on why he continues to team up with Nolan: "I became a huge fan of his on Memento. There are so few directors willing to take a genre and really put a twist on it."

Nolan: "I really didn't want to work with him. He's a pain."

Then he quickly adds: "Actually, I knew I wanted to work with him when I saw him in American Psycho. The first time I saw it, I was kind of in shock by the violence. But the second time, I found it quite funny. You have to be extremely talented to take that kind of absurd violence and make it funny. That's what I wanted for Batman, too."

The one thing the pair do share: an utter reverence for the Batman legacy.

"It's iconic, it's classic literature," Nolan says. "It makes it daunting to tackle something that's so beloved, but Christian never took that lightly."

Except, perhaps, how well the film sells.

"To tell you the truth, I really don't care," Bale says. "Because, truthfully, the pressure isn't on me. Film is a director's medium. If a movie does well, it's to the director's credit. If it does poorly, it's his fault."

Nolan puts a hand to his mouth, feigning a cough to mask a disparaging remark.

The two say they are ready to begin a third installment. "When you find a director you trust, you hold on to him for as long as you can," Bale says.

He catches Nolan blushing and breaks the tension.

"But if you do call us the dynamic duo," Bale says, "he has to be Robin."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Judging from what the reviews are saying so far, this movie is incredible. But everyone knows the Joker is Batman's main nemesis and there are few of his other enemies that are as interesting and intense as the Joker . So I'm wondering just how they're planning on topping this movie? Who will Batman face? The only way I see them doing it is by doing a World's Finest (Batman & Superman) movie.

God, I hope I'm right and this happens...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:11 pm 
Mechagodzilla

anybody catch the catwoman set-up line? and this bruce wayne just got a big hole in his libido that's gonna need to be filled. just don't tell sean young.

the lamborghini sequence reminded me of the french connection. on meth. in a good way. at the end of it, the audience was dead silent, save for one car lover who yelled "no!" as a kneejerk instinct. got a laugh.

the chicken sequence was like akira (also on meth), which I never thought possible. this time the clown won, though.

an amazing, flawless comic book movie, and a pretty darn good take-it-as-reality crime movie. sometimes batman's voice is like chip douglas from the cable guy. sad to see that they still have to show computers shooting sparks and blowing up just to let us know that they don't work anymore; that's a batnipple showing right there.

Last edited by SonofSound on Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:37 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:55 pm 
Godzilla

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:02 pm 
Godzilla

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next