[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - PS3

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: PS3
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:45 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Netflix Instant Streaming Disc for PLAYSTATION 3
Status Est. Arrival
Shipped 11/05/2009 11/06/2009

Huzzah!

P.S. Thanks for the heads up on that Jawbreaker.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:48 am 
Godzilla

Mine is supposed to come today. Can't wait.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:34 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:44 am 
King Ghidorah

Does anyone else think its weired how you have to get a disc from Netflix instead of Sony just updating the PS3? Have you guys had trouble with updates before?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:19 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:44 pm 
Godzilla

the disc-based-system is a temporary work around, being used as a way to circumvent the exclusivity deal they had with microsoft for the 360. once the time limits on that deal expire, the playstation will have its own dedicated app the way the 360 does.

and seriously, for anyone who doesn't have both systems already, you are about to FALL IN LOVE with having your netflix streaming to the tv. ps3 owners should rejoice now.

and duffy, you NEED to nab a used copy of ratchet and clank future: tools of destruction. it's one of the funnest games in history, absolutely beautiful, and the sequel JUST came out this month, so when you finish a 20 dollar used title, you'll be ready to pick up the new one just about the time used copies of that become common. (plus, there's a downloadable game that bridges the two . . .)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:23 pm 
Jet Jaguar

It works beautifully! It has a really cool animated UI. Other than your queue, you can browse different categories, as well as "New Arrivals" and "Movies You'll Love". You can add new movies to your queue and rate movies, etc. and it's all really intuitive. I wish there was a search feature for your instant queue, though. This might not be an issue if you don't have almost 400 titles in said queue. :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:13 pm 
Godzilla

well, it works fine, but damn, MUST sony insist on everything looking like a bad computer? folders? really?!?!? the 360 interface is WAAAAY prettier, and is a little more grandma/kid friendly. i feel like the ps3 interface is a little more intimidating for the newbie. i DO like the oversized image of the title you're on, but other than that i think everything about the appearance of it isn't as nice as the 360.

mind you, i'll probably stream way more often on the ps3 than the 360, just to stave off the next RROD as long as i can. . .
but still, this could have easily looked way more simple than it does.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:55 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:12 pm 
Godzilla

do you still get the groove-a-tron?
the weapon that made the discoball appear over your enemies heads and forced them to dance to the music while you slaughtered them?

my favorite R&C weapon EVER!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:57 pm 
Jet Jaguar

New R&C game should arrive in the mail tomorrow from Amazon. Looking forward to playing it as I LOVED Tools of Destruction. Plan on getting a few playthroughs in and then trading it in for the God of War Collection which comes out on the 17th.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:43 am 
Godzilla

Streaming works great, no hiccups, quality on par with the browser-based streams. Interface could use a little polish, but it's simple and clean. The app is a little slow, which you'd expect running off a disc, but just being nitpicky, it's acceptable.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:10 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Netflix Streaming is good because they dont have everything, which makes you find some stuff you might otherwise forget about or not had a real interest in beforehand.

I was excited to see that they have the THIS AMERICAN LIFE series available... dont have Showtime so I totally missed out on this.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:02 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:42 am 
King Ghidorah

Although I swore up and down I would never buy a ps3, I now want to buy one. :doh: When looking at prices for good blue-ray players, it just makes sense to spend a little more to get the playstation. It's going to be hard to get the wife on board as to why we need 3 gaming consoles.

I've never been a playstation fan but some of these games just look fun as hell. Is that small people game or whatever its called sweet? I have some nephews who are about 12 yrs old who want a ps3 game for xmas so I need some ideas.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:42 am 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:53 am 
King Ghidorah

yup, thats the game I am talking about. looks cool

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:43 pm 
Godzilla

LBP is one of my favorite games in years. and irresistibly cute. i'm about to buy the girl a psp just so we can play it even more often.

and the create-a-level tools are the same ones that they used to create the game, so you can literally create home-made levels as good as the ones in the game. and then upload them to ps's site and have thousands of other folks play your level. and more importantly, that means there are (literally) over a million new levels created by players that you can go online and play. in theory, this game NEVER HAS TO END!

i love sackboy!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:34 pm 
Godzilla

also, cat, if you're looking for family-friendly fun, the new katamari game is ps3 only, and you CAN NOT go wrong with a katamari game. fo' reals . . .

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:31 pm 
Godzilla

3.1 update bricked my BD drive... dicks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:06 am 
King Ghidorah

so I was watching the G4tv awards and this Uncharted2 game won just about every fucking award that CODMW2 didnt win. This game looks fucking sweet. I am either getting a ps3 for xmas or income tax time and I am definitely buying this one.
I bought that Little People game for my nephews. I hope they like it. :pray: They can get fucked if they don't. Thanks for the suggestion!
I never really got into Left for Dead 1, but I got a good deal on LFD2 so I bought it and I am really enjoying slashing zombies heads off with a samurai sword. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:48 am 
Jet Jaguar

Uncharted 2 is awesome, but I haven't played it much since Modern Warfare 2 came out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:32 pm 
King Ghidorah

so, I am going to buy a ps3 today!~ fuck yes. What game should I buy? I was thinking Uncharted2. I already have CODMW2 and Left for Dead 2 for xbox, so don't need those.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:11 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:33 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

I just played the Dante's Inferno demo. I dont have a lot of experience with modern video games, but this shit was crazy. I was able to shoot the power of the holy spirit at demons! The love of my life was naked! whoah...

it was a ton of fun

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next