[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - OH CRAP VOL.4 - download/review

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OH CRAP VOL.4 - download/review
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:10 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

EDIT: new link - http://www.mediafire.com/?0mpmy3edj1k

1. Lydia Loveless – "33"
2. The Beatdowns – "Disconnected Girl"
3. The Woosley Band – "My Favorite Architect"
4. Judas Cow – "This Fall from Grace"
5. The Secret Admirers – "Anytime at All"
6. The Favors – "All Grown Up"
7. Church of the Red Museum – "Durham R.I.P."
8. Lo-Pan – "Must Miss"
9. Paper Airplane – "Steps"
10. Jon Chinn – "Go Back"
11. Zachary Allan Starkey – "Solitaire"
12. Earwig – "Romantic/Dyslexic"
13. The Loyal Divide – "Lights"
14. MORS Ontologica – "Washington Beach"
15. Spanish Prisoners – "How the Fallen Fell"
16. The Bygones – "Landslide"
17. Yummy Fight – "Radio"
18. Saint Paul and His Coalition of the Willing – "Everyone is Wrong (Again)"
19. Winter Makes Sailors – "Take Me West"
20. Joey Blackheart and the Gallows – "Don't Run"
21. The Main Street Gospel – "All Your Love is Gone"
22. Magic City – "OH/IO (Washington Beach Party)"

Sabbath fans should have recognized the cover art.

Lizard from Earwig played the part of Ozzy on the cover (whether he knew it or not) :)

My personal favorites:
* Lydia Loveless - A "friend" said that with a $10,000 PR budget you could turn her into an "outlaw Neko Case" or the long lost granddaughter of Loretta Lynn and I agree 100%.

* The Woosley Band - I don't understand why this band doesn't have a bigger following in Columbus. They should be opening the Buffalo Tom reunion tour and should be releasing CDs on Undertow or Yep Roc.

* The Secret Admirers - Fuck. Jonny5 sounds like early '90s Alice Cooper on this track and that my friends is AWESOME.

* Lo-Pan - My first exposure to this band was when Skot sent me this track to use on OH CRAP. HOLY CRAP, more like it. Groovy, stoner grunge-hardcore. I'm a believer.

* The Loyal Divide - I already described this track as Modest Mouse covering The Cure. I truly hope they keep things going because this is a band that can break out of Columbus and do things at a national level.

* Winter Makes Sailors - Whether he's playing guitar in Kopaz, fronting Melty Melty, or doing stuff solo, Sean Gardner is one of my favorite local musicians and I hope that he puts out a full length of Winter Makes Sailors stuff because what I've heard is AMAZING.

Biggest surprises

* Judas Cow - I thought I read on here once that they were an instrumental band so I was surprised when Coydog sent me an MP3 with vocals that sounded like Sparklehorse. I'm anxiously awaiting a full length from these guys.

* Yummy Fight - Rap rock? Not on the OH CRAP track. It's a straight-up rocker that I can't get out of my head.

Of course, tracks by "old" standbys like Earwig, Jon Chinn, The Favors, etc. blew me away too but I already know about their awesomeness and if you don't, well, you're missing out.

If you dig what you hear, send friends the link to download OH CRAP VOL.4. I didn't put it together to make any money. I'm truly interested in exposing people to music they haven't heard before (for the record, prior to collecting all the songs, I had only heard 7 of the songs so most of this was new to even me). Hopefully Lo-Pan fans can dig the quiet, singer-songwriter stuff that Sean does with Winter Makes Sailors and vice versa.

Last edited by Atomic Ned on Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:13 am 
Mothra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:07 am 
Mechagodzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:52 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:01 pm 
Godzilla

is there a place I can download this comp? it seems to be gone now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:05 am 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:06 pm 
Godzilla

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:26 pm 
King Ghidorah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:41 am 
Mechagodzilla

I'm confused. I want this too......

http://www.unpossibles.com
http://www.reddahliaband.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:46 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff