[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Fri 4/18:Dead Child, Deadsea, Sword Heaven Prosanctus Inferi

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fri 4/18:Dead Child, Deadsea, Sword Heaven Prosanctus Inferi
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:32 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Performing at Ruby Tuesday:
1978 Summit St 43201

Cover: $8
Lineup in order of appearance:

Prosanctus Inferi (Cols)

Sword Heaven (Cols)

Dead Child (Louisville, KY)

Deadsea (Cols)

Last edited by Anaerobia on Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Fri 4/18:Dead Child, Deadsea, Sword Heaven Prosanctus Inferi
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:33 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

Force Dead Child off the bill and you have a perfect line up

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:00 am 
Jet Jaguar

seconded.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:36 pm 
Jet Jaguar

what's everyone's beefcake with dead child?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:43 pm 

You can file them under "taking a quarter off of college metal" along with Sword, Mastodon, Early Man, 3 Inches of Blood, etc. Basically, "metal" you can listen to and your mom won't get upset aka safe metal.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:22 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:25 am 
Godzilla

College metal, College Noise Bands, Colllege Rock, College Cock ... eh...

I personally haven't heard Dead Child yet, so I can't say I like or dislike their music. I do know the dude was in Slint.

I'm interested to hear it, but it does seems like as of late, everyone is jumping on the metal / stoner rock bandwagon.

But for all intensive purposes, this should be a fun show.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:43 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:57 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:54 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:04 am 

Ned, you're the only one that takes me seriously. I could take that as a compliment but instead I'll say, stop acting so butt-hurt.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:43 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

I'm a Blind Melon fan. What do you expect?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:59 am 

Was Michael Jordan good at baseball?
What was Master P best at; rapping or basketball? (Truly a difficult one)
All I'm saying is, stick with what you know.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:21 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

This is fun.

I don't listen to the same stuff I did in '92 so why should Pajo play the same style of music he was playing in '92? I'm listening to the Dead Child CD as I type this and my only criticism is that it isn't as heavy as I'd like it to be.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:26 am 

It just comes off as corny to me. Maybe it's his mid life crisis album?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:04 pm 
Mechagodzilla

yeah...i've never heard dead child but the songs on their myspace are weak...sword heaven and prosanctus are going to tear them up

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:27 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:52 pm 
Snarf

musically slint were very 'eavy for their time. esp. spiderland.
the guitar tones always reminded me of old metallica. still heavier than ISIS or BORIS or whtever indi rockkers think is hot shit for metal.
i am curious to hear dead child. i like louisville.
more curious to see rope ripping again w/ P.I.
that dude is underground hessian kommand.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:32 pm 

Imo, wacky bio + shitty jams = cornball side project.
Rope on the other hand= kvlt lifer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:25 am 
Snarf

I just got the new DEAD CHILD record yesterday,,It rules!! strait up old school metal,sorta nwobhm shit..I can't wait to see em live...I'll be there,, and who cares about who was in what band I don't even know who or what a slint is...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:27 am 
Mothra

bands should be judged on their merits, not what style of band they were in beforehand. i don't see how simply being into different styles of music makes you a poser. anyway, dave was in metal and hc bands before slint.

i think the Deadchild ep is ok, but i'm going to reserve my opinion until i see them live.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:55 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Tease: Awesome interview with David Pajo to be posted on Donewaiting.com and AtomicNed.com on Wednesday or Thursday.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:37 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:22 am 
King Ghidorah

The only thing worse than people jumping on bandwagons is people assuming a band is doing that without knowing shit about what they like and who they are.

So if I only got into metal yesterday, and liked it so much that I wanted to start a band in the genre, that makes me fake? Whatthefuckever.

Besides, there are some people on this board who jumped on the bandwagon fairly recently who were most likely making fun of guys like me that have been in metal bands since 1987. I don't think you are fake, I say welcome to the party.

I'll also say that if there is any wizardry in the vocals, what the fuck isn't metal about that? DIO 4EVA BITCHES!!!

I like one song by Dead Child so far, and look foward to hearing more and seeing them live sometime, regardless of when they decided to be "metal".

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:14 am 

Glad I could help, Ned. Dude may have "cred" for miles. Doesn't mean much to me. I don't like the vibe. I may change the idea of being a 100% poser metal album to a (near) mid-life crisis metal album.