[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Fri 4/18:Dead Child, Deadsea, Sword Heaven Prosanctus Inferi

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fri 4/18:Dead Child, Deadsea, Sword Heaven Prosanctus Inferi
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:04 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:22 pm 
Snarf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:09 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:44 pm 
Godzilla

i used to think dismember were total jerkoffs cause nicke andersson from entombed wrote all the leads on their first record but then entombed started (and continues) to completely blow and now i'm pretty happy dismember exists, cause it's basically like having extra entombed records. worrying about who's fake is idiotic. the best reason not to like the sword is that the sword is not very good.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:13 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

:shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:06 am 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

ALRIGHT PAJO. I WILL MATCH YOUR FOUR TEETH AND RAISE YOU TWO AUTOGRAPHED BATHORY 8X10S.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:18 am 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:58 am 
Snarf

good thing this show isn't on saturday...lots of you would have to get up early for church

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:18 am 
Mothra

sorry to say, but the article/interview makes things look even more forced and suspect.

the square won't go into the circular hole.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:59 pm 
Godzilla

I'm so Metal I shit bullets.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:44 am 
Godzilla

that should be bullet belts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:12 am 
Snarf

You guys should quit bickering and start rollin more joints. Maybe stoned you might enjoy music. Try it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:28 pm 
Snarf

i bet your mom gets mad when you smoke in the house.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:03 am 
Snarf

She's cool, just as long as I included her! :P
Thing about Mom is that she loved to Rock, laugh, get stoned and PLAY IT LOUD! A lot of bickering leads to a mighty buzz kill.

This show will almost be as sweet as my days of getting ripped out some old country roads and rocking the pioneer car stereo with Ol' Momster. For those who wanna Rock. Let's get it on!! :lol:

For those of you who want to nag on Pajo, Do your thing, cause he's doing his tonight and if you come and take 5 minutes to shake his hand and talk to the guy, you'll come to find he's one of the most articulate and sweetest dudes you could ever meet. A music lover of many shapes. His music is a clear reflection of that. We played with these guys down in Louisville and they have no problems bringing it to the top.

It's friday, the weather is sweeeeet, and this bill is dope.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:56 am 
Jet Jaguar

tonight is the moment everyone can bang their head and wonder why it's so cool now to like metal.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:16 am 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:40 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:30 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

so yeah.. did anyone actually go to this? i'd be up for a review

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:20 pm 
Godzilla

i went

i thought dead child were whack though i did talk to at least one dw-er that enjoyed it

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:28 pm 
Godzilla

I went. Here is a review.

I should state up front that I smoke once a month. This was one of those nights.

The first bands, Prosanctus, was a two piece metal outfit that looked like a metal band. Bigtime. They had some solid riffs and the crowd was on their side, but they just didn't turn my crank the way it needs to be turned. I prefer something in a counter-clock wise fashion but they decided to do like a 9 to 5 turn. It was standard. I like bands with bass players. I really like to hear metal bands with bass players. Prosanctus did not have a bass player. Cliff Burton did a lot for the Bass Player Rights Movement of the 80's and bands that decide not to have bass players just shit on all the work Cliff done did.

Sword Heaven. I like them more and more each time I see them. They really freak out the squares. I guess the Mars Volta show got done cancelled again, so there was some spill over from that crowd. I think Sword Heaven thinned the herd just a little. I like to think Sword Heaven is the house band for a bizzaro world Dr.Seuss Bar where they serve candy canes and land mines.

Dead Child. They came out with big amps, black t-shirts and ripped jeans. Their stage volume and sound was just about perfect (besides vocals) where I was standing. Two songs in and I wasn't really feeling it. It really seems that they went the Early Man route of Metal. Standard 80's riffage.

Then I stepped out and smoked.

Came back in. Spaced out and really really payed attention. I should also state that at this point I was 8 vodka tonics deep into my night.

Dead Child's music was infact really interesting to me at this point. It was a unique take on what older indie kids thought metal should be. They had some sweet power riffs that reminded me of some weirrd early Metallica / Antrax (Sound of White Noise) hybrid mixed with a pinch of Meshuggah. I really dug their take on metal. But that's what this seemed like. A project.

"Hey, let's see if we can play metal". They can and they do it fairly well.

What I really didn't like was ripped jeans and black band t-shirts. It seemed contrived and unnecessary. Although I did like the smoke machines and lights, so what the fuck do i know. I guess I just had a preconceived notion about what they would look like.

Their singer was a dude. Just some dude in the middle of the stage. Kind of laid back. Reminded me a lot of Bob City's first singer. Not bad at all. But i felt his job was to just keep out of the way of the smoke. His vocals were a little low in the mix so it was a little hard to get a good feel.

I made it through 3/4 of their set before I needed to pass out. I'm sure Dead Sea was awesome. They most always are.

Good times. Fun night.

Check out Dead Child if you get a chance. Just smoke first.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:37 pm 
King Ghidorah

I was there. I got there right before Sword Heaven went on. I had never seen them before. They are really fucking weird, and I mean that in the best possible way.

Dead Child was pretty fucking heavy, the music was great and the singer was the best wizard rapper I have ever seen. The real story for this band is that the drummer is a fucking groove monster, and hit the drums so hard I might be sterile just from being that close to the stage. Great band, wizard raps and all.

Deadsea pisses me off. I need to practice some more now.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:56 pm 
Snarf

If anyone has pics of Prosanctus Inferi, please mail them to prosanctus@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:42 am 
King Ghidorah

prosanctus inferi was sick - only their second show i think, could use a little more energy but great set. rope SHREDS. i need to get the vinyl.

edit: i wrote 'there' instead of 'their'. why does that bother me so much?

sword heaven slayed as usual. why does everyone think they're so weird? they more accurately describe this world than any metal band does. if you think sword heaven is weird you should have been at the i.n.c. this weekend for the squelchers and out there dudes.

dead child - didn't dig their first couple of songs, went outside for a while, but i guess they got into it about halfway through the set and by the time i came back in they had brought it pretty well. still not my favorite band but they know how to play some fucking metal - i liked how the vocals were mixed in with the rest of the band and not overpowering.

deadsea - by this time i was extremely whiskey'd up, and deadsea ruled. a nice, satisfying blast of shred.

a good start to a great weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:22 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:22 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next