[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - God Damn You Billy Corgan...

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: God Damn You Billy Corgan...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:26 am 
Mothra

Man, did that pumpkins show really fucking suck.
It could have been epic.
Instead, billy hit me across the face with his dick.
thanks billy.
for nothing.

thoughts on the show???

Post subject: Re: God Damn You Billy Corgan...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:08 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:40 am 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

Was the dick the trick or the treat?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:31 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

The wife bought a ticket the day they went on sale. Then decided she wouldn't be able to finish up trick or treating with the girls and get to the Newport in time so sold the ticket on eBay for a nice $30 profit. After reading the "review" posted here, she's very happy about her decision.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:22 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

what went wrong?

set list?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:47 am 
Mechagodzilla

the first hour was acoustic (though all the guitars were distorted) and featured covers such as "monster mash", "wipeout" and "hang on sloopy". there were no pumpkins songs. it was amusing for a couple songs, but wore thin when the band seemed to not really know how to play said tunes.

then there was a twenty or so minute break.

when they came back out for an electric set, they played three or so singles in the next hour and a half. i didn't really know anything else they played.

i wish i had my money and night back.

set 1 ("acoustic")
1. louie, louie
2. hang on sloopy
3. the monster mash
4. wipeout
5. some instrumental with poole on flute
6. the gambler
7. some blues song
8. in-a-gadda-da-vida (guest vocals by a dude in a dodgers sweatshirt)
--- faked nervous breakdown (end set 1) ---

set 2 (electric)
1. tarantula
2. g.l.o.w.
3. siva
4. speed kills
5. superchrist
6. as rome burns
7. the sounds of silence
8. a song for a son
9. today
10. bullet with butterfly wings
11. heavy metal machine
12. glass' theme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:24 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:11 pm 
Snarf

They came in to eat at the restaurant where I work on Thursday night. All in all, much nicer than I expected, although they did bring their own chef...

They spent the whole time talking about AC/DC and how they are releasing their CD through Wal-Mart and trying to remember how various rock stars died. Everyone at the table seemed like some kind of yuppie Memphis Mafia to Corgan's Elvis.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:53 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:08 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:36 pm 
King Ghidorah

not surprised at all. smashing pumpkins sorry-ass live show changed my life forever in 1996. in a matter of hours, they managed to drive my teen self away from the entire alternative radio genre and into the waiting arms of a thousand indie, diy, and punk bands. they epitomized the word bullshit that night and i can only imagine things have gone downhill since.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:28 am 
Mothra

Corgan is a bitter asshole. Times change pal.....write better songs.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:31 pm 
Snarf

they're not the pumpkins i idolized but to call the show a travesty is really lame. first set? (if you can call it that) washorrendous. and except for hang on sloopy not funny at all. not sure what was going on.

second set wasn't as creative as i wouldve hoped, at least they played siva. i washoping with fingers crossed billy would play blank page cos that wouldve been perfect. but instead i got heavy metal machine oh well.

not too concernd about the money. it's not llike theres been any other shows to piss 45 dollars into. and looking at calendars it looks like there won't be for a long time.

i'll always payto see the pumpkins as long as that great bald giant is looming over the frontof the stage.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:47 pm 
Jet Jaguar

If he sang in his usual singing voice then I am sure it was truly awful.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:13 pm 
Snarf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:15 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:00 pm 
Snarf

sordid AND stupid hhm? umno offense but are ya sure billy's not a dick becauze of some vague hazy perception you have of him from the the few times youve seen him a hundred yards away on stage?

nono, you probably have a better reason than that dontya? of course.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:00 pm 
Mechagodzilla

A+, tiger yang, A+.

Awesome thread all around. If only we you all could do this to every shitty band across the land.

Next up, the Hold Steady.

Wait...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:11 pm 
Snarf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:19 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:21 pm 
Snarf

a

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:36 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:03 am 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:03 am 
Mechagodzilla

So do you guys go to Aerosmith concerts and hope they play Toys in the Attic from start to finish, too?

I neither know nor care about Smooshing Pumpkers, but I do know that expecting a decent show from a band that hasn't released a decent album in a very long time is a sign of hopeless optimism at the very least.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:09 pm 
Jet Jaguar