[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - spotify

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: spotify
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:06 pm 
Godzilla

it's like a streaming kazaa

beta version

it's apparently not available in the states

use this proxy http://appspect.net/ and enter this link https://www.spotify.com/en/get-started/

Post subject: Re: spotify
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:09 pm 
Godzilla

oh yeah

don't worry about the country

just enter postal code: 72100

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:49 pm 
Godzilla

hey guys this is pretty rad had anyone tried it

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:03 am 
Godzilla

Dude...be careful with that.

It's hilarious that it states that it's "not available in the US" but the screenshots are all in English.

It's not available in the US, because it's not legal, btw :>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:12 am 
King Ghidorah

It says I need an invitation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:51 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:52 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:57 pm 
Godzilla

if you want an invite pm me ur email

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:54 pm 
Godzilla

Is there anything comparable in the US?
For free?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:39 am 
Godzilla

http://www.spotify.com/us/hello-america/

Hello America..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:01 pm 
King Ghidorah

i got my invite today and already registered. I plan on checking this out when I get home from work.

I started using that turntable.fm last night and thought that was pretty cool

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:33 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:39 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:02 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

So.. I just started a Columbus, Ohio spotify playlist:

http://open.spotify.com/user/donewaitin ... 0RVQwRyE2G

I think you can subscribe to the list and add stuff to it as well. I am sure I am missing stuff, just spent a few minutes doing it.

trying to just have 2 albums per artist max but no good reason why..

check it out and update

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:52 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:31 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

I feel like there's still a lot of stuff missing from Spotify. Not even under-the-radar stuff. I assume the library will grow as more people join, etc.?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:40 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:06 pm 
King Ghidorah

I think the big difference between the two is Spotify has deals with the record labels (like Warner, Sony EMI, Universal, and probably others I am missing) and grooveshark doesnt. grooveshark started out as a p2p app (like limewire) where users can upload/download anything without regards to copyrights and now they are being sued. I think local bands can upload their tunes to spotify and make money off of it as well, but I doubt it's very much.

As far as sharing music with your friends, the music does not have to be cleared and I believe this is allowed because you are streaming the music and not actually downloading anything. I think that if they were to be peppered with lawsuits it woulda happened already since the service has been available in Europe for a couple of years now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:15 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:00 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:17 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:19 am 
King Ghidorah

Okay...I'm on-board with the spotify. I'm at the "unlimited" level. Does that mean I can add to the playlist?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:57 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

I just added the Sunken Treasure Records catalog to the Columbus list... So Miranda Sound, Evil Queens, Bird and Flower, Megan Palmer, Eric Metronome, Black Swans.

Also created a seperate playlist just for S Treasure: http://open.spotify.com/user/donewaitin ... yfsFLuVdKO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:06 am 
King Ghidorah

Thanks for uploading the Saintseneca. I didn't have the time this a.m. to copy it to my portable player. Nice surprise to see it there on the play list. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:15 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff