[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - St. Vincent Outland/Benco Fiasco

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: St. Vincent Outland/Benco Fiasco
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:57 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:07 pm 
Godzilla

At any rate, +1 for rock bands who don't give a fu#$.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:30 pm 
King Ghidorah

i think this is the last thing i have to say. fiercelime, i love bands that don't give a fuck. i love playing in bands where i show up with a guitar and amp and just play loud and maybe shout/sing a backing vocal or two.

however, i also love bands that require a shitload of soundcheck and really play with varied dynamics and interesting orchestration. i think all of it is badass.

when a band that requires a lot of sound prep walks into a club geared towards bands who don't give a fuck, situations like this happen. there's not a whole lot that can be done in the situation, so shows get canceled. hopefully next time, everyone gets it right.

*cue doogie howser closing jingle*

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:04 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

Ignorant rap verse of the day...

[Cam'Ron]
What's good

[Kay Slay]
I gotta tell you like my dog told me
When you meet a chick, you gotsta straight slap her

[Cam'Ron]
Slap her

[Kay Slay]
Yeah, when you first meet her, just slap her

[Cam'Ron]
Off the bat

[Kay Slay]
Off the bat, just backhand her

[Cam'Ron]
Why's that, though

[Kay Slay]
'Cause later on down the line
You ain't never gotsta to worry about
That chick telling you --
"Cam, you don't treat me the way you used to"

[Cam'Ron]
[Laughing] That's what I'm sayin' nigga
But see the thing is with me
I don't understand how a bitch can go out
Rain, sleet, snow, fuck, suck whoever
And then go give another nigga her fucking money
Knawmean

[Kay Slay]
Nah Cam, you gotta understand
That's cause ya game is tight

Last edited by jill ebenezer on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:29 pm 
Godzilla

I'm not in disagreement, Kang. I have no idea what instrumentation that band was using. If they are using porpoises, more power to them, as long as it's consensual. I'm a fan of the Benco shows. Sounds like an unfortunate event for all parties.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:35 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

yeah we are all speculating cuz no one closely involved is chiming in, but i am wondering if sound was SO. FREAKING. BAD. could there have been some sort of acoustic alternative? St. Vincent aint no stranger to the acoustic guitar.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:33 am 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:50 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:07 am 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:27 am 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:59 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

I'd buy that for a dollar.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:12 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:10 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:20 pm 
Jet Jaguar

The real tragedy here is that nobody videotaped the temper tantrum that I imagine ensued. It could have been kind of sexy, or at least premium schadenfreude material at the very least.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:17 am 
Jet Jaguar

What I heard was that the Main Speakers weren't working or sounded very bad. There may have been a problem with the crossover or EQ or something. They may have thought it was the speakers and got replacements but that wasn't the issue. I guess the monitors were working but without the mains the hundreds of people coming to the show wouldn't be able to hear much.

can't really do an acoustic show for that many people. Unless you are The Asylum Street Spankers or something.

Really is too bad. Ben is a good guy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:54 am 
Jet Jaguar

For immediate release
February 25, 2010

In regards to the St. Vincent/ Wildbirds & Peacedrums show that was to be held at Outland on Liberty on Saturday, February 20th, BenCo Presents would like to extend a formal apology to the public who bought tickets and showed up to the venue that evening.

We would like to take this chance to provide an explanation for why the show did not occur. The sound system at Outland, while on paper was agreed upon in advance by all parties to be adequate, at the time of soundcheck did not meet St. Vincent's requirements. As soon as we discovered the problem with the PA, both BenCo and Outland staff worked diligently to remedy it.
However, time constraints led to the cancellation of the show.

Rest assured that steps have been taken to resolve any sound issues and the problem is currently being fixed. We do not expect any further problems and future shows at Outland on Liberty will go on without any hinderances.

If you have not been refunded for tickets that were purchased for the show you may still do so at the point of sale.

There are no plans to reschedule at this time.

Outland on Liberty would like to apologize and BenCo Presents would again like to apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused the fans of St. Vincent. We thank you for your continued support in bringing great music to Columbus and look forward to seeing everyone out at other shows in the near future.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards and sincerest apologies,
Ben Hamilton
BenCo Presents

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:02 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:54 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:34 pm 
King Ghidorah

scene.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:27 pm 
Godzilla

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2