[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - The Wildbirds

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Wildbirds
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:12 am 
Godzilla

It was a pleasure to stumble across the Wildbirds at The Summit this weekend. It was kind of like a grittier Strokes; like if they were broke and from Milwaukee, traveled in a van that runs on vegetable oil, sound more like Tom Petty and Led Zeppelin, rock a lot harder and trashier.

Their lead singer has that great tall, skinny rock and roll strung out look and a pretty cool mid to high range rock vocal that cuts through with a little swagger.

Their bass player was concerned about their drummer having downed 20 double vodkas. That's quite a feat. I told him not to worry about it. I hadn't noticed it affecting his playing. Our drummer has about 16 or 17 beers before any out of town show. This is normal for bands from towns with alcohol problems, right?

They must be ok guys, because I think they even agreed to be one of the first bands to reply to goofy interview questions for my new retarded rock and roll blog, like this essential rock and roll inquiry- "Who sucks more, Cinderella or Candlebox?".

Post subject: Re: The Wildbirds
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:00 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Late to the game, just "discovered" these guys. Saw their full length (2007?) in the $1 bin at Half Price Books but didn't want to commit (bought a Jamocha Shake off the Arby's $1 menu instead). Got him, listened to some Wildbirds stuff and thought, "These guys are GOOD". Do a little digging around and see they are coming back to Columbus for a show at Woody's in the Ohio State Union on Sept.22.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:53 pm 
Godzilla

Yeah, we played that show with them at the Summit. I loved their set and the guys in the band were equally cool. Thanks for the find, I'll be there.

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:48 pm 
Jet Jaguar

The George Elliot Underground's drummer, Brian Mayes, is gonna be drumming with the wildbirds for the woody's show.

http://www.theoutersounds.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:04 pm 
Jet Jaguar

YES he will be... and he will also be drumming with the george elliot underground during the woody's show. "Golden Daze" has been a huge influence on all of us, and we're really looking forward to having them back in town. pure midwest rock n' roll. their last performance at the Circus, during our "week of weird," was probably one of my favorite shows of recent memory.

Last edited by GEUMusic on Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:52 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

What's the scoop on the Sept.22 show? The Wildbirds site says 6:30 start time, free.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:33 am 
Jet Jaguar

don't think it will start as early as 6:30, but it is free at Woody's Tavern in the Ohio Union

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:39 pm 
Jet Jaguar

their new single "Love & Soul" has been awarded the "coolest song in the world" award this week on Little Steven's Underground Garage.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:57 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Wildbirds video sessions coming soon...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:39 am 
Jet Jaguar

the Wildbirds are coming back to Columbus on Saturday, June 4th @ KOBO w/ the George Elliot Underground, the Town Monster, Cadaver Dogs, the Lost Revival, Chelsea Automatic, Hotel War & the Up All Nights.