[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Was it just a bad dream? Donewaiting message board returns.

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Was it just a bad dream? Donewaiting message board returns.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:16 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Okay, so maybe I was wrong.

When I decided to close the message board in early April, it was due to the fact that the activity on the board was at an all time low. There were not many people posting, and the most active part of the area was the "Hype" thread. There have been many music message boards that have come and gone over time, and nothing makes me shudder more than an inactive message board. Hell, look at Columbus Alive's lame boards: http://bit.ly/l7yeZS They're part of an media empire and they barely get posts.

But I have to admit, there was some activity.

Closing the board was not an easy decision to make for me and I knew it made a lot of people sad when I did it. But at the same time I felt that people were nostalgic about what the board used to be, and not what it really was.

Over the last few weeks, however, a lot of the staff members have had conversations with people out and about and they've expressed their sadness about the board being closed. Hell, I was sad too. So I've begun to change my tune about it. While it may not be the most active message board in the world, it always had some traffic and in important times of Columbus music history (Little Brother's closing, Comfest, Indie Art Capitol of the World (jkjklololol), the Friendship Farm was a place for people to gather and spread the word to people that maybe they weren't Facebook friends with.

So I'm bringing the board back on a permanent basis. If Guided By Voices can reunite, surely we can bring the board back up. And everything on the internet moves quicker than real life, so it's happened a lot faster than I thought it would.

No threads have been deleted, but I have consolidated a lot of folders (TV, film, tech, etc) into one general "Whatever" category. I've also combined all the non-Columbus music folders into one.

You've asked for it to be back, so here it is. With Comfest schedule out, and the Parking Lot Blow Out about to be announced, it seemed like solid timing.

Get the word out. Tell your friends. And your enemies. Send this link to Facebook, Twitter, email, we need to get the band back together.

Post subject: Re: Was it just a bad dream? Donewaiting message board returns.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:53 pm 
Snarf

Thank you, Mr. Duffy. Perfect timing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:01 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Back like a gangsta.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:03 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

sort of like everyone had a break for summer vacation and class is back in session.

hope you all remember your passwords

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:13 am 
Mechagodzilla

you want to go where everyone knows your name.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:00 am 
King Ghidorah

Wheeeeeeee!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:55 am 
King Ghidorah

But who will tell Adam Smith???????????

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:38 am 
King Ghidorah

Should someone walk into Bodega and make a formal announcement?

:roll:

A big YES to the consolidated format.
Now lets get back to snarking and offending!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:37 am 
King Ghidorah

Sweeeeet. Lurking in public places and occasionally throwing out unsolicited smartass comments wasn't working for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:38 am 
Mothra

que intro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:24 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:44 pm 
Mechagodzilla

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:25 pm 
Godzilla

yay!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:27 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:41 pm 
King Ghidorah

Oh shit!

http://billycoolandthewhips.bandcamp.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:24 am 
Godzilla

it really might've been the only thing i got on my birthday that i actually asked for . . .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:07 am 
Godzilla

and danke.

(although man, am i gonna miss my global moderator powers!)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:54 am 
King Ghidorah

well now, I haven't posted here in so frakking long i didn't even know it was down! ;)

I'm sure I was totally missed...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:53 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:17 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:50 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:03 pm 
Godzilla

let's post like we've never posted before

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:36 pm 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:04 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:43 pm 
Godzilla