[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - NFL 2012

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NFL 2012
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:27 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

So I've been geeking on all these new developments. I wish that free agency was limited to some insane time frame like we're being treated to.

Some things I'm thinking...
I love the arms race between the Pats and Jets. Haynesworth will have bugged out Sanchez by the third time they meet. Love.
Eagles made some interesting moves this season but Desean Jackson is critical to their success.
Matt Moore is not the answer in Miami.
I'm eager to see the Lions play as well as the Rams (both playoff teams this year).
Week One: Steelers/ Ravens. No better way to get this ball rolling.

Last edited by jill ebenezer on Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: NFL 2011
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:44 am 
Godzilla

yes if Stafford can keep both shoulders attached, the Lions could be very interesting this year.

Jets resigning Cromartie is a pretty big deal, plus my money is on Plax to explode

please Eagles, Trade Asante to the Browns

Jets v. Eagles Super Bowl

(jets/Pats afc championship) ( Eagles/ Cowboys Nfc)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:09 pm 

I like where the Cowboys are headed and it is unfortunate that their season was derailed last year by Wade Phillips and the Romo injury. They ended on a high note and I feel that they are going to make the NFC East an interesting division again (as if that division lacks interest).

Sorta have Texans love right now. Been big on Schaub for a minute. He just needs someone to do something defensively.

I don't think any team will look like a heap of dogshit more than the Bengals. What a trainwreck. Will Les Wexner buy them, change the name and move 'em up here? Please?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:34 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:07 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Browns' punter out for season. Here we go.....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:20 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Ravens sign the sickest FB in the NFL. things r going 2 get real nasty for Cleveland & Cincinnati :sick: :sick: :sick: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Brownies lookin at another 5 win season :oops: :cry: :oops: :cry:
can the Bengals even match 4 from last year :?: :oops: :?: :?: :oops: :?: :boohoo: :boohoo:
BALTIMORE & PHILLY in the $UPERBOWL, BABY :!:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:00 am 
Godzilla

u best hope flacco stays healthy, cant win w Tyrod Taylor as back up

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:55 pm 
Godzilla

I just hope the Steelers don't finish 4th in the division again this year.

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:01 pm 
King Ghidorah

Eagles/Patriots in da supa bowl.

Watching the Eagles this year will probably be the most entertaining spectacle in any major sport. And...apparently they're about to get Randy Moss out of retirement? Can you imagine a Moss, Jackson, Maclin receiver trio? We could see the first game where 75 percent of the throws are heaves downfield. I wish Chip Kelly would leave Oregon and coach the Eagles. Can you imagine what he would do with the offensive talent they have? Spread and shred.

I know the 49ers have been everyone's dark horse for like the last 5 years but I really think this year it's legit. They have one of the top 5 running backs in the league and their receiving corps is ridiculously talented (Crabtree, Morgan, Ted Ginn, the recently signed Braylon Edwards, and that freak of nature Vernon Davis at TE). If Alex Smith doesn't spontaneously combust there is no reason why this team can't win their division.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:52 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:47 am 
Godzilla

The NFL's 911 remembrance plans next weekend promise to be worth forgetting. I like my violence to be consensual and on the football field. I don't want to see another ad for nationalistic propaganda and non-consensual militaristic violence off of the field disguised as a remembrance. Is Sylvester McMonkey McBean the master of any of these ceremonies?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:01 am 

Seconded. I got my fill of pro-America at Swappers Day this year (and my fill of guns and amish made goods).

Did my fantasy football draft last night and am totally happy with my team. I don't know if I could do it again short of being at a pool or Zoombeezi Bay. Intense and should have been paired with an environment that is less gulag more relaxing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:48 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:52 pm 
Godzilla

damn dude, how many people are in your league? 4?

thats quite a group or Wr's

I ve got: Bowe, M. Williams (TB), Plaxico and Mike Sims Walker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:28 pm 
Jet Jaguar

There is 12 in my league. And they all know football very well. It's a tough one. But we decided to switch to a keeper league this year so I got to keep Blount in exchange for my 15th round pick since I got him off waivers last year (a steal and a half). I got to keep Williams (TB) for my 14th round pick and Bradford for my 8th. So I was off to a really good start without losing any crucial picks. Then, since it's going to be a crapshoot at running back this year with all the injuries I went heavy on WR's. Plus I'd have some extra for trade. So for RB I went later rounds and got Tim Hightower, Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis, and Reggie Bush. They all should get good reps, especially around the goal line. I took Antonio Gates with my 3rd round because Tight End is gonna be rough this year, especially with more teams starting to play 2 tight ends, and Gates is the best since Peyton's gone and Dallas Clark won't be targeted nearly as much. Lastly, I took Kyle Orton late, I will just play whichever QB is facing an easier Defense. I feel pretty good. The only hard decision is to decide which 3 WR's to play each week. Good luck with your season.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:16 pm 

My wideouts/ tight end are Marques Colston, Hakeem Nicks, Calvin Johnson (start three) with reserves of Jason Avant, Derius Heyward-Bey, Mike Sims Walker and Heath Miller.

I'm hoping Bey and Avant can contribute somehow. Having Peyton really hurts but I have a backup in Orton and am wrangling Flacco for some of my stacked defensive players.

RBs are Peterson, Blount and Thomas Jones and some other jokers.

I have no clue what I'm doing with fantasy, really. In a league of ten.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:30 pm 
Godzilla

BRUTAL December for the Brownies. They might have a decent record going into December though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:58 am 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:53 pm 

You still feeling Jets/ Eagles Super Bowl? I don't know if anyone is going to slow the Packers in the NFC. I really would be stoked on an NFC Championship Saints/ Packers. I'm really suspect of the Jets. I feel the Ravens will be the team to beat in the AFC (supposing the defense shows up every week and Flacco plays average at best).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:56 am 
Godzilla

im always susceptible to hype, and my prediction was based on nothing but hype. However I cant abandon it this early.

if the jets can get shonn greene going ( and my fantasy team, The fighting Michael Boatman's, certainly hope they can) and mangold's return solidifies the line, they should start to make a run

and the Eagles should run over the Bills this weekend to jumpstart their season

I think the Saints might quietly make a lil run this year as well though

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:12 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:12 pm 

No shame in that game. The hype looked good on paper. I'm on the same page with you on the Eagles this weekend. The Bills spent their load on the Pats. They'll have a nice season but I would be surprised to see them earn a playoff berth.

Those AFC North QB numbers are par for the course. AFC North could be open to anyone this season. Steelers won't make the playoffs. Injuries and age are hampering any continuation from last season. Browns and Bengals are inconsistent but can knock around some teams in games.

Couple of potential shoot-outs this weekend. I'm really excited especially for the Lions/ Bears and more so for the idea of Suh destroying Cutler.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:52 am 
Godzilla

ok, im selling the Jets. Even in the win they looked like crap last night.

Im still behind the Eagles though, maybe a bird bowl - Eagles - Ravens?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:55 pm 

The Jets win last night is only going to fuck them over hard against the Chargers. How can anyone use a win over Miami as motivation is beyond me. Straight garbage. Chargers come to life this week?

It could be a bird bowl but I'm not entirely sold on the Eagles. Beating a Rex Grossman helmed Redskins isn't that tough. It's more waiting for Grossman to make a mistake which can happen up to four times in a game.

Falcons/ Lions, Texans/ Titans and Bears/ Bucs are all very interesting games. Unfortunately, there are some total stinkers this week.

From a fantasy perspective, I'm pretty happy with my gamble on Bey. Decent numbers and can possibly improve with Palmer in tow.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:28 pm 
Mechagodzilla

You dudes are all really bad a footballs eh?

P.S. Don't talk about the Bills.