Some noteworthy Columbus and Cleveland musicians will gather Friday at Ace of Cups to play songs by postpunk legends The Fall. Just check out these one-off lineups:
* Rockin’ Records (Arturo De Leon, Chris Quickert, Jake Wyckoff, Will Foster, Bill Heingartner)
* Eye Candy (Shirley Tobias, Chris Nini, Paul Nini)
* Ribonucleic Oxide (Jeff Curtis + friends from CLE bands Iron Oxide & Ribosomes)
* C.R.E.E.P.S. (Ron House, Bob Petric, Adam Elliot)
* Nervosas (Nick Schuld, Mickey Mocnik, Jeff Kleinman)
Your $5 cover goes to the Clintonville/Beechwold Community Resource Center (CRC), which provides assistance to the community “through our food pantry, child and youth programs, senior services, and kinship care program.”
As Chip mentioned, Used Kids Records celebrated its 26th anniversary this past weekend with pizza, record discounts and bands playing all day Saturday. Log, which was apparently playing its final show, ended the set with a Ron House cover.
RJD2 recently launched a contest that asked fans to submit their visual, audio or written representation of any track from We Are The Doorways, an album he made under the alias The Insane Warrior. Lots of people submitted, but the grand prize went to the video you see here, created by Joey Thomas and University of Cincinnati’s Walter Nini, a Columbus (Clintonville) native and son of Old 3C Records head Paul Nini. The song is “The Water Wheel,” and video will make you laugh.
RJ is also auctioning off five original beats on ebay, with all proceeds going to Doctors Without Borders. Details: Continue reading →