Frank Black / Black Francis / Charles Thompson of the Pixies played Outland last Friday in a balmy, balmy show. It was pretty miserable on the floor in my shorts and tank top but I can’t even imagine how the man survived for an hour and a half on stage! Nonetheless it was a great show.
Tag Archives: Pixies
Here’s a great podcast from Pat Radio. It plays some “classic” Columbus bands but also songs from some unforgettable shows that have probably never been heard on the internet. We’re talking Nick Cave, The Pixes, and more from the 80s…
Click here to download the podcast.
Tim Anstaett, publisher of The Offense fanzine, is my guest this week. He talks about The Offense and plays some great local music from back in the day. He also shares some stuff from shows he promoted in Columbus.
1. Great Plains – The Way She Runs A Fever Live at the Pop Shop, 1983 from Slaves to Rock’n'Roll Live
2. The Embarrassment – I Only Want A Date Live At Mr Brown’s, from the Retrospective cassette
3. The Cowboys – Teenage Life 7″
4. Razor Penguins – Indifference 7″
5. The Gibson Brothers – Woo Hoo Build a Raft
6. Pixies – Vamos Live at Staches June 6, 1988
7. The Fall – Slang King Live at the Newport April 1, 1985
8. Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds – I Put A Spell On You Live at Staches June 27, 1984
9. Scrawl – Let It All Hang Out Live at Staches May 25, 1988
10. Throwing Muse – Colder Live at Staches May 25, 1988
11. Cocteau Twins – Pearly-Dewdrops’ Drops Live at the Newport September 19, 1985
12. Great Plains – Letter to a Fanzine Naked at the Buy, Sell and Trade