Whoah, SXSW, you’re keeping us on our toes this year.
Details about wristbands can be found at http://wristbands.sxsw.com/
They’ll be sold ONLINE instead of at Waterloo Records. Keep reading for more details.
From the site:
- This year, the only advance wristband sale is via an online drawing.
- 4000 wristbands will be put on sale to area residents only, at the discounted price of $139 (includes tax and service charge).
- Submit an order online from 9am, Feb. 21- 9am, Feb 25, for one or two wristbands. Submitting an order enters you into the drawing but does not guarantee eligibility to purchase wristbands.
- Entries will be drawn at random, orders for 4,000 wristbands will be filled, and your credit card billed at that time. You’ll be notified if your order could not be filled.
- You will pick up your wristband at the event, and will need to place it on your wrist at the time of pick-up.
- All entries must use a credit card with a local billing address. The name on the card must be the recipient of one of the wristband.
- You can only enter once, but you can buy one for a friend whose name you must provide at time of entry. When purchasing 2 wristbands, the authorized purchaser must be one of the wristband recipients.
- There’s no advantage to entering early.
Rules For Wristband Pick-up:
1. Each individual must pick up his or her own wristband and will need to present a drivers license or valid government-issued photo ID to claim his or her SXSW wristband.
2. The wristband will be fastened on an individual’s wrist at time of pick up and may not be removed until the festival is over.
3. An individual may not pick up a wristband for someone else.
Complete details here.
(Thanks Kathryn for the head’s up)