Press release style:
Over the past year Third Man Records have brought their pop-up retail shops to New York, Los Angeles and London – completely transforming temporary spaces into seemingly permanent locations that are not so much about commerce as they are about a collision of artistic expression, design and a personal one-of-a-kind experience for customers.
Up next, Third Man Records is excited to announce their most ambitious temporary store yet, set to pop-up at the South By Southwest Music Conference in Austin, Texas from March 17th through March 20th. Located at Frank Restaurant on 4th and Colorado, Third Man Records at SXSW will feature exclusive Third Man vinyl only available at TMR SXSW, debut releases, screenings of The White Stripes’ film Under Great White Northern Lights, food, drinks and much more.
Here are just some of the features of Third Man Records SXSW:
* Limited Edition ‘Texas-Sized Vinyl TM’ releases of every Third Man Records 45 and select LPs. Only at TMR SXSW will fans be able to purchase 8” versions of all of our 45s and 13” versions of The White Stripes ‘De Stijl,’ ‘White Blood Cells’ and The Raconteurs ‘Broken Boy Soldiers’.
* In addition to the individual singles on sale, they are also making available 150 limited edition hand made wooden 45 boxes containing the complete Texas Sized Vinyl set of 45s.
* First chance to purchase the debut of their re-issue series, Jon Wayne ‘Texas Funeral.’ This lost American classic has long been out of print and now available again on LP and iTunes via Third Man Records. The first opportunity to buy this will be at this SXSW shop, so pick it up there on limited edition pink and black split color vinyl.
* Third Man Branding Station – You bring it down and they’ll brand it with the Third Man logo. Also, friends from The Busy Beaver Button company will be on hand to brand never before available wood buttons with the Third Man Logo.
* Complete Box Sets of The White Stripes ‘Under Great White Northern Lights’ as well as the stand-alone components of the box set for sale: LPs, DVDs, Blu-Ray, and CDs of The White Stripes first-ever live album.
* 4 very limited Rob Jones Under Great White Northern Lights screen prints, available only at the TMR SXSW shop. An event poster by Decoder Ring will also be available.
* Special screenings of The White Stripes ‘Under Great White Northern Lights film at the TMR SXSW shop at Frank. Be one of the first to see this landmark documentary and concert film, have a hot dog, drinks some drinks.
* Third Man hot dogs, Third Man cocktails and Pinball!
The Third Man Records SXSW shop will be open to the public from 12 – 8PM daily from Wednesday March 17th to Saturday March 20th, and you don’t need a SXSW pass to get in.
More surprises and features to be announced soon! Follow Third Man’s road trip from Nashville to Austin via http://www.thirdmanrecords.com/texas , http://modlife.com/thirdmanrecord, http://twitter.com/ThirdManVault, http://www.facebook.com/ThirdManRecords.
Third Man Records at SXSW is located at:
Frank Restaurant and Grocery
407 Colorado St, Austin, TX 78701